Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 READ THIS BEFORE posting a thread about the WHA >

READ THIS BEFORE posting a thread about the WHA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

READ THIS BEFORE posting a thread about the WHA

Old 08-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default READ THIS BEFORE posting a thread about the WHA

Take this as a notice: All Farbman plants and trolls otherwise will be cracked down upon moving forward. Unless there's a thread which brings up relevant new information, such as the current one started by SBGobblers, I will lock every single one of them after linking to the myriad threads already here -- some of which contain over 17 pages' worth of discussion. I will provide those links below.

Am I qualified to discern what's new and relevant? Without a doubt. For those who are wondering that, I hold a bachelor of science in journalism with an emphasis in news and editorial writing, which parlayed itself into writing a regular column, as well as other various editorial positions later to include editor-in-chief of a newspaper. I later obtained a master of arts in English with an emphasis in teaching rhetoric and composition andtaught college composition at a Division I university before pursuing other career interests...

This board WILL NOT become consumed with idiotic WHA threads rehashing the same verbage continually -- ESPECIALLY when started by someone with one or two posts.

Here are the aforementioned links, listed in order of appearance:

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1560996

WHA World Hunting Tour (Objective Poll)
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1563494

Good WHA article
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1649162

World Hunting Association Format Change
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1653517

30 min. Conversation w/ WHA Founder...
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1655423

WHA article in Outdoor Life
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1650630

- edited to include titles of posts to cut down confusion and help with searches
Old 08-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: READ THIS BEFORE posting a thread about the WHA

AMEN, What he said and I will back him 100% on this issue. If your intent is to register and strictly post about the WHA, see above links provided by Greg, otherwise, feel free to move on to another forum. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Greg:

I see my post is awkwardly progressing into a bashing post.....though it was not intended to either promote or degrade the WHA. I simply thought Farbman's response was worthy of noting.

You have my blessing (not that you NEED it....lol) to pull the plug on it at ANY time. I won't be bothered in the least.

Have a great season.....and thanks for the Nikon information.

Sincerely,

jeff
Old 08-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I appreciate the concern for your thread deteriorating into useless bashing, Jeff... At this point, I don't think it's got out of hand -- and I do feel your thread adds another perspective worth discussing. I'll let it stay where it is for a couple days at least, and after it slips to page two or three later, I'll add it to the links up above.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:03 AM

I spoke with him yesterday as well for about an hour and a half. He has certainly been impacted by the negative responses, an has changed his format considerably. I am reasonably skeptical and optimistic at the same time. I voiced several concerns and he listened and even said that he had not thought of these as objections. I especially noted that the darting had been an implied message that the killing of animals is something that we have to be ashamed of and that the best response woud be to educate people on the validity of hunting, and to communicate the real world view of the life cycle, etc.. The second point I made was concerning competition and how easily it can become a sideshow and detraction, while losing perspective about hunting as a tradition, and he was receptive to this concern--at least he indidcated that he was. The last main point I had was to stress fair chase, ethics and legalities and that somehow that this should be factored in to the point system, and he said that he would find a way to do just that.He offered to send me a copy of the pilot for review and comment. He SEEMS to be open to listening to our grievances and rectifiying them. He also wants to meet with me over dinner in Atlanta in about 3 weeks. I am going to continue a congenial and sincere dialogue with him, and see just how sincere and genuine his sentiments are.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:04 AM

Whoa. Note to self. Don't mess with Greg when he's fed up. JK. I agree wholeheartedly. Kind of sucks the ever-living fun out of this site with all the bickering and name calling.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:56 PM

Greg, I just want to say thanks.

I've been roped into responding to one or two of the most recent threads, but I know that I for one and tired of beating this proverbial dead horse.

When new information comes about, its always nice to be able to debate the issue -- intelligently.

So, for what its worth;

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Boy, Greg sounds really smart!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

He does. Ill help pat him on the back if there is room.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Greg, feel free to edit or spellcheck all of my posts at your leisure. I am used to it. I have been married to a high school English teacher for 21 years!!!!

-- edited to change "you leisure" to "your leisure", and "English Teacher" to "English teacher"...

[8D]

Quick Reply: READ THIS BEFORE posting a thread about the WHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.