Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thinking of  upgrading arrows? >

Thinking of upgrading arrows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thinking of upgrading arrows?

Old 07-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thinking of upgrading arrows?

I'm new here and so far it looks really awesome, I'll proably be doing a lot of reading tonight..

Either way, just a quick "opinion style" question.

I've been huning for a couple years with RedHead Carbon Supreme arrows. They are 10.7 grains in. and with a 100gr tip about 480 total weight on the scale at 29-1/2 inches.

I'm shooting a Mathews Outback at about 64-66lbs. with a draw length of 28 inches and using aW.B. for rest.
While these shoot pretty good even with a little drop at 30 yards I might be ready for an upgrade. Plus I'm thinking with a W.B. I could go about 28in. on arrow length.

I've heard a lot of good things about A/C/C, CX Hunter and Terminators, and a lot about the St Axis and Axis Hunters. I don't want to loose too much weight as I really like the KE that I'm getting from a medium heavy arrow.
I mean with wanting a somewhat heavy arrow for hunting and wanting to stay carbon with what I'm shooting are there any opinions that might help me decide what type of arrow to go with?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thinking of upgrading arrows?

You can't go wrong with Acc's. I have been using them for several years no with awsome results. Good luck this fall.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

when i started hunting 5 years ago i followed my uncles word and used eastons then about a year ago i made the switch to carbons and i love them i use carbon express edge 350s and they work great with a 100 grain or 85 grain broadhead
Old 07-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You've certainly listed some great choices! Of the arrows you've mentioned, the CX Terminators I've actually heard the most about from average folks that swear these are the toughest shafts that they've ever shot or seen. I personally don't have any experience with them but I've always been a huge fan of theirtop-of-the-line shafts, the CX 3D Selects. I made the swicth to the CX Selects after searching for a non-bendable alternative to the trusted ACC 3-49's that I shot for many years with exceptional results. I want the straightest, strongest, most tolerence specific arrow available in the industry for something as importantas mymy hunting arrow! Good luck and good shootin bud
Old 07-16-2006, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

A number of good shafts have been mentioned. If tight tolerances are on your "want"listwith more weight than you find in the ACC line check out the A/C Superslims.I don't know how they will perform through your wisker biscuit (hole size could be an issue) but they are indeed a quality arrow.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

ACC's are my arrow of choice as well, used them for years for both competition and hunting....
Old 07-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do like the weight of the cx edge arrows, about 10.3 grains I think.. I'd like to stay somewhere in that range.. I've heard good things about the ACC's but I just think they are too light for what I'm wanting to accomplish.
Maybe the St Axis Obsession, those seem to have a little weight to them anyway.
Why would the W.B. have any affect as far as the size of the hole for the arrow.. I thought you wanted a more open hole in the W.B. for less friction and noise??
Old 07-16-2006, 09:38 AM

ACC
Old 07-16-2006, 05:15 PM

maybe give the beman black max a try i just picked some up off of http://cdsarchery.com/ for little over 70 bucks shipped to my door
Old 07-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would the W.B. have any affect as far as the size of the hole for the arrow
The Super slims are just that; very small in diameter I don't know how they would compare to your current arrow. It may or may not have an affect on your shooting.

I do like the weight of the cx edge arrows, about 10.3 grains I think.. I'd like to stay somewhere in that range
You won't have a weight issue (to light) with the Super Slims. Size 400 is 9.7 grains per inch, size 340 is 10.7 grains per inch, and size 300 is 11.5 grains per inch.

Straightness: +/- .002 guaranteed. Weight tolerance: +/- 0.5 grains. Both are the same as the ACC line....

Quick Reply: Thinking of upgrading arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.