Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another falls and is in a body cast. >

Another falls and is in a body cast.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another falls and is in a body cast.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another falls and is in a body cast.

Seems like every year something like this happens. We already have a friend who has to drive his wheel chair with his mouth from a fall from a stand. Now we know another. A women's husbandfrom my hunting partners work fell from a 12 foot stand the other day and is in a full body cast.

Not that I have ever met the guy, but it still hits home.

Just be carefuly out there guys, and be protected from the first step you take off the ground. Please!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:09 AM

Default RE: Another falls and is in a body cast.

Anyone reading this and interested, check out seat-othe pants safty harness. Very easy to use.I'll not climb a tree without one. Not fallen yet. Just lucky I guess.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:23 AM

I've hunted every day this year without a safety harness
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: The Mind

If you can't think of yourself, think of your friends and family. I hope everyday works out for you but what if it doesn't? Good luck out there. Be safe.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations on that.

But.... Remember that it only takes one fall to end up like the people I mentioned. The consequences of what will happen if you fall 12 feet is not worth the little extra time and $$$ that it takes to do it completely safe.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't believe that there's still dimwits who refuse to use a fall restraint , many even brag about hunting from heights of up to 35 feet ! Here's a tip dimwits: Falls from 25 feet or greater are usually fatal .

I almost fell last year when my climber slipped from 15 feet to 10 with no warning , the only thing that kept me from a nasty fall was the shoulder style fall restraint that came with the climber . It has since been replaced with a full body style and I'll never climb another tree or ladder stand without it again .
Old 11-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not that I have ever met the guy, but it still hits home.

Just be carefuly out there guys, and be protected from the first step you take off the ground. Please!!!
Exactly! Be carefull!!
Congrats!Your on a roll! BUT IT ONLY TAKES ONCE! DON`T BE STUPID! Wear a safety harness. And like some of the others have sead if not for you? Do it for your family and friends?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:11 PM

About 6 years ago, I had a weld brake on my Climber and I was left hanging by my severly sprained ankles from my stand. I though life was over. I very painfully had to pull myself up and slide down the tree and crawl back to the car. A freiend retrieved all my stuff while I was laid up. A top name brand stand that we all use!!! I wouldn't dream of climbing a tree without a harness. God gave me a second chance and I am taking it. I just don't see why you wouldn't use a SS. I bet I get up in my stand about 60-120 second later than you do. Just doesn't make sense. For all of you that think you will hold onto the tree etc. forget about it, you will be on the ground before you realize you even fell.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: The Mind

It's called "Darwanism" gentlemen.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

For all of you that think you will hold onto the tree etc. forget about it, you will be on the ground before you realize you even fell.
Though I have never fell, I most definetely believe that statement.

This is the first year, my partner and I are using an ascender for getting into and out of the tree and we both have made the comment "why haven't we used this all along". With it, I am protected; all the way up the tree, getting into a portable, hunting from the portable, getting out and climbing down". For the extra $60 (you can get them much, much cheaper), and the rope, it is well worth it.

Quick Reply: Another falls and is in a body cast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.