Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why am I shooting high? >

Why am I shooting high?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why am I shooting high?

Old 05-12-2005, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why am I shooting high?

Yep, go back to square one. While making sure your axle to axle length is right, don't forget to keep an eye on your brace height. Then make sure your tiller measures the same at each end of the riser before starting. If it doesn't, then adjust it.

Move your rest so that it holds the center of the arrow level with the center of the mounting hole in the riser. Never move it more than 1/16" either way from there. Big moves should be made on the nockset instead. I know, it's a pain if you're shooting a string loop, but you gotta do what you gotta do. For a release shooter, the arrow should always be square or just slightly high of square (never, ever below square) to the string and passing level with the rest mounting hole.

I'm sure I've mentioned that I don't trust dropaway rests and wouldn't have one on my bow. So, I naturally suspect the rest too. Are you sure you didn't interfere with the rest's timing while you were changing stuff around?