Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How hard is fletching youself? >

How hard is fletching youself?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How hard is fletching youself?

Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default How hard is fletching youself?

I need a bunch of arrows refletched and I know of a few friends that are in the same boat. At cabelas you can but a single fletching jig for about $30. Is it difficult and time consuming? I can pay $1.50 per arrow to have them done(not including the vanes) but I was thinking of trying some myself. What do you know about it?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How hard is fletching youself?

It is real easy. I would never pay to have mine fletched. Simply buy a jig and get after it. It has been years since I bought a jig, but I think they come with instructions. I think you can buy a single fletch jig for about 10 to 20 bucks. Maybe even cheaper. Just try it, its a piece of Cake.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:56 PM

It's not that difficult. As long as your shaft preparation is good, you won't have any problems.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:17 PM

But tell your friend that it is difficult and charge him $1.00/arrow. Hey, hes getting a deal.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

There actually are a few different ones for sale. YOu can buy a AAE Fletch III for $20. Any sugestions on what fletcher to buy?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:21 PM

Fletching your arrows is easy. I use the Bitzenburger Jig with a right helical. I love the all metal design.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:32 PM

not hard at all ,as long as you get a good fletching jig and a good adhesive,i use a jojan multifletcher ,you can fletch 6 arrows at once, a bitzenburger is good too ,there are several other good ones out there,it all depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend .
Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I've been thinking of doing the fletching myself now for quite some time. what jig (I'd prefer a single) would you recommend for a left hand helical?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:35 AM

I've read blitzenburger are probably the best but I use a Jojan single fletcher and it works great. Just make sure you order the left helical clamp because they usually come with straight or right helical.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fletching is easy. I don't recommend it, but I do mine in front of the TV. If you are willing to spring for some bucks, a Bitzenberger jig is good. If not, the Grayling is $30, and basically a composite version of the Bitz (steel). You can get Duravanes for about $7.00 per 50. Use Superglue on the Duras-superglue is pretty inexpensive. Feathers are a little more expensive ($5 for a dozen at the local Academy Sporting Goods). You would probably want to use Fletch-tite for those. A box cutter, steel wool, and alcohol or solvent to clean the shafts with-and you are in business. Good luck!

Quick Reply: How hard is fletching youself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.