Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Got my Liberty back today! >

Got my Liberty back today!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got my Liberty back today!

Old 04-13-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Got my Liberty back today!

Hey guys,

Last night I got a call from the pro-shop that my Liberty was ready to come home! I was able to pick her up today and I am very pleased! It took longer to get the limbs than we had originally thought, but this really isn't the best time of year for any bow company to be getting your limbs replaced!

I had her out shooting tonight and she is just shooting a little low! I have 2-1/2 weeks to get her sighted in and get used to shooting again before turkey season opens! I am pumped up!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my Liberty back today!

It took longer to get the limbs than we had originally thought, but this really isn't the best time of year for any bow company to be getting your limbs replaced!
Could you tell me when a good time of year is to get your limbs replaced???

I shot a BowTech Liberty VFT today & fell in love with the bow. If I buy the bow? I will keep my Darton as a back-up bow. I just do not trust bowtech bows yet? I am glad they have a great service department. I hope I never need to call them?
The Liberty in my hands felt like a better bow than my Darton. My Darton is fast, but LOUD. The Liberty is fast & quiet. If I had the money to buy two bows? I would buy two BowTech Liberty's in a heart beat.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:56 AM

i had lots of limb issues, and i'm convinced it was the batch of limbs. i feel like i could run over the set i have now and nothing would happen.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad to hear it BM...but I thought you bought an Allegiance?

Seriously though, good luck during turkey. Hunting one with a bow is a true challenge.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Jason ! you got her back just in time for the Turkey season and I'm really glad your pleased with the service you got from BowTech. What I want to know is just what did you do with all that time on your hand's while your Liberty was at the doctor's ?

nubo
Old 04-14-2005, 02:17 PM

Thanks guys,

Frank, I got a new blind this year and am really looking forward to trying to bag a gobbler with my bow from it. I have had it set-up in my woods and every evening I spend in it just watching for turkeys. I have had gobblers walk past me in that blind at 15 yards without wearing camo.

Nubo, Its great to have her back from the doctors. While she was gone, I spent ALOT of time out scouting turkeys! I have found soooo many good spots this year and this is the first year that I have really decided to hunt them like deer. I am patterning their roosting areas and their habits through-out the day so I can set-up and ambush them. The gobbler that I am focusing on, a double-bearded bird, has been roosting with 5 hens every night and he will be pretty much impossible to pull away when season rolls around. I figure that my best bet is to just set-up where they are hopefully going and wait them out!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:39 AM

I think you should be practicing with a turkey call while shooting your bow The calls can eliminate a LOT of waiting