Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Cable slide dampener location MZE rattle >

Cable slide dampener location MZE rattle

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable slide dampener location MZE rattle

Old 09-15-2002, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cable slide dampener location MZE rattle

Is it ok to put cable slide dampeners up against the roller slide with the bow at rest? I have a rattle coming from my MZE rest and the only way I have found to tame it some what is to put the cable dampeners up against the roller slide with the bow at rest. Is any one else having a problem with rattling coming from the slide on the MZE???? If so and you got it fixed how did you tame it?????
Old 09-15-2002, 08:25 AM
nub

Default RE: Cable slide dampener location MZE rattle

Is your whole pivot arm assembly too loose where it attaches to your risor?
Old 09-15-2002, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bigcountry,
I remember Len advising against using anything static to stop the forward motion of your cables. I know a lot of guys use them this way, and although I haven't heard any problems directly related to this, I still don't trust it.
Maybe if you put the dampeners a short distance in front of the resting spot of the slide it would be OK......here the limbs would have completely fired and are already at rest by the time the slide contacts the dampeners?
I know I wouldn't snug it right up against the resting slide.....If I was going to do this I'd be sure to allow a little travel space.

One thing about the ZE I want to mention........Some of you who just bought them might not know, but they changed the design of their turnbuckle/turnbuckle sleeve assemply to a completely threaded sleeve rather than just a threaded post that the sleeve screws onto.

Anyway, it seems (from the 2 new ones I've played with) that there might be a bit of a flaw in the sleeve itself where it attaches to the slide......On both I've installed, there is a bit of play between the sleeve and the face of the slide itself........that little post that the sleeve sldies over is a tiny bit longer than the depth of the hole in the sleeve and this allows it to move side to side.
My buddy Frank's was making a heck of a racket until we figured it out......we put a tiny plastic washer behind the sleeve to fill this gap and it's now as quiet as a mouse.

I'm waiting for a Hoyt plate from Muzzy to install my newest ZE, but I see already that it has the same gap......I'll see if mine makes the same noise.

Also you could have a problem with the rollers??........

Edited by - Matt / PA on 09/15/2002 09:28:35
Old 09-15-2002, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys for the info.
Nub: I tighten the nut to the riser a while back and it helped some. I have found that if you leave it loose like the video states it makes alot of noise. But I didn't put it on tight either.
Matt: I have the old style turn buckle and sleeve.
Havn't seen you around here much the pass few months.(maybe I just don't know where to look). Do you still have the Pro38 dual cam?