HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   PSE(AR)vs. Mathews/bowtech/hoyt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/94623-pse-ar-vs-mathews-bowtech-hoyt.html)

mjvtto 03-20-2005 09:12 AM

PSE(AR)vs. Mathews/bowtech/hoyt?

PSE has been in operation for over 30 years and has withstood the test of time. They are one of the best known, strongest, most innovative, and best run businesses within the archery industry. Does anyone have any fact based information stating that mathews, hoyt, or bowtech has ever outperformed the ar line of bows?

Lung Buster 03-20-2005 09:16 AM

RE: PSE(AR)vs. Mathews/bowtech/hoyt?

What are you trying to do mjvtto start something here??! I notice you are brand new and already starting something!

Sagittarius 03-20-2005 09:22 AM

I think the AR bows are cool looking and well made but Bowtech and Mathews are nice too.

Sag.

Buck Magnet 03-20-2005 09:38 AM

Out-performed in what? Speed? BowTech Black Knight II..... Mathews Black Max II, BowTech Pro40 Dually, BowTech Patriot Dually, BowTech Extreme VFT, Hoyt SuperTec, BowTech Allegiance, BowTech Patriot, ect.....

Yes, PSE/AR makes a good bow, but to start a post trying to test the AR line against BowTech/Mathews/Hoyt just isn't gonna get you too far! You are talking about the top 3 companies as far as performance/innovation go lately!

bigbuck90 03-20-2005 12:30 PM

One of my friends has an AR and its a decent bow but bowtech, mathews, hoyt and all the other companies just have better bows in my opinion.

Rick James 03-20-2005 01:49 PM

I looked at the AR34 last season. They are good bows, seem fairly shock and vibration free when I shot one, however I wanted a single cam bow that would easily get me well over 300 fps this summer for 3D. The patriot when compared to the AR34 Ram Plus was simply a faster bow. The AR34 did have a bit more brace height, however the extra speed of the patriot was more attractive to me. I have owned nothing but PSE for the last 10 years, so I decided to try something different this time.

500 fps 03-20-2005 04:05 PM

There is nothing wrong with PSE or AR bows, but I'll shoot a broom stick and a clothes line before I'll ever shoot one again. I can't stand the management and will not be responsible for putting another penny in their pocket.

Angus74 03-20-2005 07:30 PM

Ive was always a Mathews shooter, and started shooting an AR-34, two years ago, on a few occasions I questioned my decision to change, the AR is a great bow, but I was left missing my Mathews bows. A couple months ago, I got the urge to switch back to Mathews, but after reading all the posts about Bowtech here I thought they deserved a look since I had never shot one. Now its Bowtech all the way, I like it way better then the AR and it even inched out the Mathews Switchback, and I shoot the Bowtech better than any bow Ive ever owned, and now I have two of them.

HuntingBry 03-21-2005 12:38 PM

PSE and AR are some fine bows. I like them very much, but to answer your question yes I have some fact based information stating that archers feel Hoyt, Mathews and BowTech outperform AR bows. Please see the link below for the results of a test in which archers were blindfolded and handed bows to shoot and tell what they preferred:

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...004headtohead/

mjvtto 03-23-2005 04:39 PM

Huntingbry especially and everyone thank you very much for the very useful information. I am currently finishing up college and am doing a case study on what i love most bow hunting. Throughout it I am detailing bow manufacturers in my study. I have looked at the specs and prices on bows through out the market and was just looking for some other means of obtaining information. I appreciate all of your guys help!

Lung buster---Sorry if you misunderstood my question. I just needed to post something that would get people to at least take a peek at the thread.