Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WWAG--Spacers on The Allegiance. >

WWAG--Spacers on The Allegiance.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WWAG--Spacers on The Allegiance.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WWAG--Spacers on The Allegiance.

WWAG--I'm thinking something here. .
You've said there is no cam lean on your Allegiance at full draw--would you be able to tell me how many spacers you have on your top and bottom cams.
I've got three on 'each' cam/axle--two on the outside and one on the inside--top and bottom, configured the same.

Pat--if you're lurking, maybe you can help me on this one also--or any other board member in a position to do so.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:01 AM

Default RE: WWAG--Spacers on The Allegiance.

On my right handed bow,, while holding it out like you're shooting it,,, there is one spacer on each of the cams on the left side and two spacers on the right.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Russ, exactly the same way as mine. After I sent the email I thought of the word 'spacers'--some Techs prefer the word 'shims'.
Another question for ya Russ--sorry to be so invasive, can you rock your top or bottom cams up and down, holding the bow as if you're shooting it and see movement at the cable slide?
Noticed this on mine last night and 'think [:-]' this is normal because of the E cams--?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:39 AM

I'm not following you on "rocking" the cams??
Old 03-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

On my bow, if I hold the top cam/bottom cam where it comes out of the limb groove, (extending beyond the top of limb, or bottom limb for that matter) and I push in and pull out on the cam, I can see movment of my cables--- moving back and forth in my cable slide.
I can do the same with the bottom cam and see the same result--is this happening on your bow?
Or is this normal for the EQ cams to do?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:15 AM

Hmmm,,, got no clue what you're trying to make me do to my bow and for what reason[&:] Gotta Picture?? I tried grabbin' my top cam to "turn" it and it makes my hand hurt and get no movement anywhere??
I can grab my bow by the grip with my left hand and the string with my right and push up on the string towards the top cam and get the slide to rotate up just a tiny bit. My Justice does the same thing though???
Old 03-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can grab my bow by the grip with my left hand and the string with my right and push up on the string towards the top cam and get the slide to rotate up just a tiny bit.
This is the movment I'm getting--but instead of holding the string, I'm rocking the cams (left & right). But my movment is very noticeable at the cable slide.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

The first Allegiance bows sent out had the total of 3 shims in them,2 on one side,and 1 on the other as you described.But,since then,they are coming in with only 1 on each side,this is because the cams are machined wider where the cable tracks around the cam.Hope this helps?
Old 03-13-2005, 05:51 PM

Ken, I wonder if the shims are the same thickness? If they are,, I'm wondering if the newer limbs are being machined with a thicker limb fork on the one side to counteract cable torque?? [8D]if that's the case
Old 03-13-2005, 06:06 PM

I just got #4 cams for my constitution from my dealer. They do require different shims from the #3's that we took off. Like Ken said, they are machined thicker on the round cable track. However, on my set I got one cam of each. Not good. You can't shim them to be identical. So now I gotta wait for another one to match.

Quick Reply: WWAG--Spacers on The Allegiance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.