Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Humor Me please (for equalizer cam bow owners) >

Humor Me please (for equalizer cam bow owners)

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Humor Me please (for equalizer cam bow owners)

Old 03-07-2005, 10:35 AM

Default RE: Humor Me please (for equalizer cam bow owners)

That's disappointing about the Old Glory getting revamped, you might as well get a constitution with its longer a-a & brace height with the same speed.

Just picked mine up last week and it came in at 308 @ 30" 60lbs, I like this one alot better than the OG, which was one of the original ones, 318fps @ 60lbs. Seems to hold a lot better and weighs less IMHO than the OG even though the specs say differently.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff,

Excellent timing. I was about to post at thread on some of the shooting I did with the Old Glory this weekend but noticed your thread first.

Mine is a 70 pound peak weight model with a 31 inch draw length (exactly). I have the bow cranked down to 60 pounds as I felt the draw cycle will take a little getting accustomed to after predominantly shooting a 60 pound F-cam for the last year.

To give you some comparison, the Pro 40 Freedom at a 64 pound draw weight and a 31.25 inch draw length was putting out around 255 fps with the 440 grain Beman ICS hunters I was using for hunting and around 273 fps with the 380 grain Easton Excels.

The Old Glory at the previously mentioned specs is shooting the same 440 grain Beman at 266 fps and the the 380 grain Excel at 283 fps with somewhere around 68-69 ft. lbs of KE with either arrow.

Just for ....s and giggles I cranked the draw weight up to 70 pounds and shot the 440 grain Bemans at 283 fps resulting in 78 ft. lbs of KE.

....and that bow is extremely accurate to shoot. I robin-hooded my fourth arrow ever and 2nd in the last two months with that bow. It is going to be hard going back to a "shortie" for hunting...if I do.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:51 AM

I am not sure exactly how the specs changed with the various generations. I do know that my bow holds like a rock and shoots very well for me. I cannot be more pleased with my choice of bow. To me, it is the perfect blend of shootability, speed, BH, and ATA. My indoor scores have jumped and I can't wait to get it set up for 3D, which will happen next week, after indoor sectionals this weekend. I will take this bow elk hunting this fall as well. A great all around bow.
JMAC
Old 03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

HuntingBry, I'm curious as to your setup. I'm almost identical to you except I'm shooting a 370 gr arrow and my speeds mirror yours. This of course is unless the chrono is off. I did however have mine turned back to 63lbs when I did this.

One thing I never realized and you guys might all laugh at me, but speed really depends on how far off of IBO spec you are. If you keep your arrow at the 5gr per pound, you'll get pretty close to what the BC says. My arrows are around 5.4 gr per pound and am getting well under what I expected. Now if I cranked that bugger up to 70 lbs, I should be closer to the 290ish mark I would think. My BC was 70.6lbs, 28" draw 350gr arrow @ 305fps
Old 03-07-2005, 04:32 PM

Below my speeds are listed. I did change to a heavier spine this last weekend so my speed has chnged. I now am shooting 7595 GT @294fps. Arrow is 380gr.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:02 PM

I am shooting an Allegiance with a 28" draw set at 70 lbs 370 gr arrow and am getting 289 fps.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Double Lung Em

...., I like this one alot better than the OG, which was one of the original ones, 318fps @ 60lbs.
Small world, Double Lung. I believe I've got your OG. Bought it from the guy who bought it from you over on that other site. Guess the 3rd time is a charm because it's finally found a home.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Old Glory is one of the new spec models........my BC read 30"/60.5#/300gr=306fps.

My actual chrono speed with the usual loop around 2 tied in nock sets and a Fletcher Tru-Peep and a 357gr CXL 350 Select = 290 fps.

That's about perfect for what I want it to do. I can add a little arrow weight to keep me in the ASA speed limits and can drop down a bit and shoot some lighter MBR or Open class arrows in the mid to high 290's for a flatter trajectory for the longer yardages.

The bow honestly draws better than any I have ever owned and shoots lights out.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

The birth certificate on my old glory says 289 fps at 60 lbs , 28"s with a 300 grain arrow . The draw is all I have measured myself , and its dead on . My old glory has the older string/cabel lengths , witch add up to a slightly shorter brace I believe .
Old 03-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzy, I meant to post what I have on my string in the previous one, but forgot. I have a loop and Fletcher True Peep served onto my string in addition to the hush kit. I saw your previous post about concerns over speed. With an arrow 40 grains more than yours I should lose about 17 fps more than you, but make up about 5 +- with greater draw weight. So, I should be 10-12 fps slower than you all things being equal.

Quick Reply: Humor Me please (for equalizer cam bow owners)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.