Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Conventional rests for Equalizer Bows? >

Conventional rests for Equalizer Bows?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Conventional rests for Equalizer Bows?

Old 03-05-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Conventional rests for Equalizer Bows?

In some other threads I've read that Bowtechs with the Equalizer cams need a rest that centers the arrow 1 7/8" from mounting plate of the rest. Can someone confirm if this is correct?

Since I've started using Blazer vanes, I've been using traditional prong rests again. I have 2 different model GFKs and a NAP rest, and the most I can get out of any of these rests is 1 3/4" from arrow center to the faceplate. Does anyone know if there even is a traditional rest (non-dropaway) that would extend 1 7/8"? I am seriously considering getting an Old Glory, so this is one factor that will go into my decision if I want to get one or not.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Conventional rests for Equalizer Bows?

Olink--I am using the NAP 3000 micro on my patriot(04)model and it has enough adjustment to get a good center shot.Have you given this one a try.?
Old 03-05-2005, 12:58 PM

Mine is set at 31/32" from the left side of the riser! I had it out alot farther w/aluminum shafts but when I bare shaft tuned my acc 3-49s I had to move it back in quite a bit. I shot bare shafts perfect out to 35 yds this morning and shot my muzzies out to 40 yds and they hit same as my field points.
Insatiable
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 PM

Olink, my Allegiance is set at 1 3/4" from the inside of the rest. I had it at 1 7/8" but like insatiable I moved it torward the riser when I bare shaft tested it. I will say my arrows were slightly on the weak side according to SFA. I have since cut almost a full inch off my arrows to bring the spine in line but I have not had a chance to test the tune since then. My arrows are now near the middle of the graph on SFA and TAP. Will be interesting to see where the bare shafts impact now, may test tomorrow.

Also I am currently using a GKF prong rest but it has the micro adjust and I have no problem getting to 1 7/8" center shot. I bought an MZE just to try a drop-away but the bow shoots great using the prong rest.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:31 AM

I am no expert on bow tuning but does the fact that I'm shooting somewhat off from the "designed" center shot that my arrows are not spined correctly? I'm shooting accs 3-49s which is what the chart shows. My bow is at 60# and 28" draw.

It seems you would have max efficiency if the theoretical center shot ( 1 7/8") and the actual when bare shaft tuning would be the same. Is this correct??
Insatiable
Old 03-07-2005, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Insatiable

I am no expert on bow tuning but does the fact that I'm shooting somewhat off from the "designed" center shot that my arrows are not spined correctly? I'm shooting accs 3-49s which is what the chart shows. My bow is at 60# and 28" draw.

It seems you would have max efficiency if the theoretical center shot ( 1 7/8") and the actual when bare shaft tuning would be the same. Is this correct??
Insatiable
I am no expert either and mostly go by what I have read in the Easton tuning guide. I think if you had to move away from the theoretical center shot of 1 7/8" then either your spine is not quite right or because of the pressure point of your particular grip. I have seen the same bow/same arrow need tuned with a different rest center shot when going from one shooter to another due to grip/hand position.

Which direction were your bare shafts impacting to cause you to move the rest to the right? I can't imagine 3-49's are too weak for 60 lbs. I had to move mine to the right because my 3-28's were weak and impacting about 8" to the right at 20 yards. I got them now hitting about 2" to the right at 20 yards and don't want to move the rest anymore. Just for the hell of it today I shot some over spined 3-60's and sure enough the bare shafts hit about 8" to the left of the fletched arrows, confirming a stiff arrow.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the responses so far, but can anyone tell me what rests can extend out to 1 7/8"? I'm looking for specific makes and models....
Old 03-07-2005, 05:50 PM

I can tell you the GKF Plat Premier will not work. I just went with a TT, extended windage, and never looked back. I am quite sure my 3D Rover will not fit either. My dealer had a Bodoodle Game Dropper on my OG before I got the extended windage unit. It did not have any more room, but it did paper tune and shoot well. I may go back to that rest after further playing, but the TT has been great so far.

JMAC
Old 03-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Olink,

I currently have a GKF Golden Premier mounted on my Old Glory and still have some horizontal adjustment remaining after setting the centershot. I believe the Infiniti should work as well as I have it mounted on the Pro 40 Freedom. Again...with a little extra room left for horizontal adjustment. I have not recorded the actual measurement but I can when I get home later today.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Blodg

Olink, my Allegiance is set at 1 3/4" from the inside of the rest. I had it at 1 7/8" but like insatiable I moved it torward the riser when I bare shaft tested it. I will say my arrows were slightly on the weak side according to SFA. I have since cut almost a full inch off my arrows to bring the spine in line but I have not had a chance to test the tune since then. My arrows are now near the middle of the graph on SFA and TAP. Will be interesting to see where the bare shafts impact now, may test tomorrow.

Also I am currently using a GKF prong rest but it has the micro adjust and I have no problem getting to 1 7/8" center shot. I bought an MZE just to try a drop-away but the bow shoots great using the prong rest.

I tried several arrow spine 340-400, 7595, 3-49 and 3-60 acc and the best flight i had is with the arrow rest setting about 1 3/4 to 1 11/16 from the outside of the riser. My allegiance is a 28 DL set at 60 pounds. I think the 1 7/8 is a starting point and all the allegiance will not be exactly the same it depends on how your holding your bow, i think!

Quick Reply: Conventional rests for Equalizer Bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.