Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BowTech Old Glory!!!!!! >

BowTech Old Glory!!!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech Old Glory!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2005, 10:52 PM

Default BowTech Old Glory!!!!!!

I got the chance to play with one tonight at the local BowTech dealer and this bow is just unbelieveable how it draws. The bow I looked at was a 70 pound and 30 inch draw and I swear it felt like 60 pounds I wouldn't believe it until the salesman weighed it right before my eyes!!!!
Len,, I believe you now in telling us how easy your 83 pounder draws I know I could have easily pulled another 10 pounds!!
I think BowTech has hit the nitrous button this year with their new line up and is leaving the competition in the dust!! I'm not sure if I can get through life now without an Old Glory
Old 02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BowTech Old Glory!!!!!!

Oh gee Russ if I dont have enough to think about now your making me re think what poundage I should get when I order my OG.

Thanks a lot mate
Old 02-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hmm, interesting comments. I received my 31 inch, 70 pound Old Glory on Saturday. The draw cycle definitely is different. To me it almost felt like someone took the front half of the draw force curve of a BT Dually and mated it with the back half of the draw cycle of the Freedom Cam. At the moment I have the Old Glory cranked down to 60 lbs (2.5 turns of the limb bolts) as I would like to have the draw cycle grow on me a bit before increasing the draw weight up to the 65-70 pounds that I normally shoot.

More to follow.....
Old 02-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got a 60 lb Old Glory , could swear its a 50 lb bow , love the draw , If I get an alegiance it will be 65 lbs .
Old 02-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Buddy got himself the Old Glory, he's been shooting now for over 45 years, will be 70 in a few weeks. As you progress in age, increasing draw weight is 'not' one of the desired options. For 'us' any way.
He got himself a 50# Old Glory, 28.5" DL--backed it off to 46# and is having a whole lot of fun!!!
The bow is silent, smooth and yes--still 'fast' enough for a 3D shoot. Sounds unbelievable, but, it's happening.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:46 AM

I'm curious to know what draw lengths you guys are pulling back when you talk about how easy them seem to draw. I would describe the draw curve on my OG at 31.5" 60 lbs 80% very similarly to what Frand did, and IMO, that's not really "easy". On the other hand, I drew back a friend's OG that was set at 28.5" and that truly felt effortless. Granted, it was set a few pounds less, but I really think the main reason why is the draw length.

I'd really like to see a draw curve graph made up for a longer draw length OG, say on at least 31". I don't think it would be the same as the one blodg made early, but that's my strictly uneducated guess. Putting it on the scale and drawing it, it looks like it peaks early, drops a little and stays there for a long time, and then actually bumps UP a little briefly before tapering off into the valley.

I had always thought that the draw curve on Bowtech duallys changed for the worse when you got into the longer draw lengths, and it looks like I will still feel that way about the binary cams; however I don't think it's quite so bad, and it shouldn't be anything I can't get used to. My freedom cam pro40 on the other hand, does not exhibit this behavior. I have a 31" mod in that, and the DC on that thing is very nice. 60 lbs on it feels nothing like 60 lbs on my OG.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mines 28 inches , and draws exactly how Pa describes it.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:41 AM

Mine is 29.5" and 60#'s and velvet smooth to draw. The day I picked it up, I sighted in and shot an NFAA 300 round, total of probably 80 or more arrows. I was less tired at the end then I ever was with my other bow at 55#'s and 40 or so shots. I love these new cams!!!!

JMAC
Old 02-24-2005, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: HotLZ

Putting it on the scale and drawing it, it looks like it peaks early, drops a little and stays there for a long time, and then actually bumps UP a little briefly before tapering off into the valley.
HotLZ, the other day I put my Allegiance back on my jig to take measurements for another force draw curve. The one I posted a while back was at 70 lbs. and since I am going to shoot around 62 or 63 lbs. I wanted to see if the curve and ratio of SE/PDF was the same. I have also been testing twisting the cables as well and wanted to see how the current curve compares. Anyways, I did see what you described above - the draw weight peaked and gradually let off for a couple inches and then went back up about .5 to 1 lb. about 3/4 of the ways through the draw cycle. I did not see this phenomenon before but the bow was brand new back then, maybe some string or cable stretch is contributing to this? After experimenting with twisting the cables I put everything back to where the cams are right on the factory marks so really stretch shouldn't have come into play.

Not likely but if I ever get a chance I will take measurements on a binary cam bow at a longer draw length.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know........my 30"/60# Old Glory is the nicest drawing bow from start to finish that i have ever owned.

It's funny to be shooting somewhere (and I've had this happen a few times already) and some guy shooting "another" brand bow.......will say to me, "Boy that's a pretty bow, too bad the new Bowtech cams draw so hard". I'll ask oh yeah? where did you hear that? "Well my buddy so and so told me that he drew one and blah blah blah"..........
Well I'll hand the bow over and say go ahead and draw this. I so far have gotten nothing but the following:
"Well Ok but I........Oh wow. That is NICE"

Yep.

Quick Reply: BowTech Old Glory!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.