Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BCS string/cable change - WARNING >

BCS string/cable change - WARNING

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BCS string/cable change - WARNING

Old 02-24-2005, 08:14 AM

Default RE: BCS string/cable change - WARNING

So if one does find himself in the undesireable predicament as stated above, what do you need to do to correct it? Of course I realize prevention is the key, but if I ever need to address the issue I want to know how. I don't have the fancy tools like Len does.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Umm, This has already happened... Just so happens it was the very day we put the Equalizer Binary Cam System link on the home page. The person read the information and decided to see what would happen if they removed the stop...It locked up at 100% let off just like it said would happen...Imagine that...
Pat all I can say is some mothers have them
Old 02-24-2005, 12:41 PM

Good Idea posting this up, even if it is hard to miss those little orange tags as well as the warnings in the manuals.

Someone is bound to do it
Old 02-24-2005, 02:10 PM

So if you were to buy a used bow, not knowing whether or not the stings/cables may have been twisted, would it be wise to remove & measure the lengths of each string/cable to make sure you're starting from where they were intended to be?

Or would a simple check of the axle to axle & brace measurements be enough to indicate that things probably haven't been twisted much?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:57 PM

So if I don't twist the string and cables, and don't remove the draw stop, I shouldn't have a problem?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:41 PM
CWB

BOWTECH SHOOTER

Can you tell us how someone can safety get his bow out of this 100% letoff that is locked up without blowing up their bow or getting hurt? I do not own one of the new Bowtech yet, but I think it would nice to tell people who end up in this situation on what to do!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len thanks for the info. I don't know if I will see one this year, but it's nice to have the info on hand just in case. I do appreciate all the info you provide for us all. I can't tell you how much time and money I have saved by going with your advice.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some mighty fine excellence in engineering. They should recall this product and make it right instead of instructions on the dangers and how to correct it.[]
Old 02-27-2005, 10:06 AM

No recall is necessary[&:] The warning was issued and there are stickers on the bow addressing what will happen and why. The system works fine and there will be no problems unless the owner tampers with the the original settings too much
Old 02-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me get this straight. Glue on grips, a cam system that locks out if you touch the string and or cable for $600 to almost $800 bucks! You don't send warning sheets and mark the danger point. you CORRECT the problem by reengineering the fault. Bowtech sounds like an entry level bow for a premium price.[][:'(]

Quick Reply: BCS string/cable change - WARNING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.