Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Zebra junk???

Old 02-12-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Zebra junk???

I have a OB what am I looking for that makes this Zebra string junk. If its stretch then can't it be twisted to shorten up? I had mine checked and they said the string was fine. How much will a string stretch? Will they stop stretching. Is there a string that doesn't stretch?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Zebra junk???

The Zebra's tend to stretch for a long time. If you don't use a peep aligner, you will get very frustrated. I took one off a bow and had almost an inch of stretch. [:'(] I recommend getting a new string from one of the many recognized high quality custom string makers.

JMAC
Old 02-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah stretching wasn't really an issue with mine, because you can twist it plus I have a string loop to twist my peep correctly. When I get a new string for mine I will be getting a different brand though. Note* Mathews offers the Tiger string and recently released the baracuda. These are suppose to stretch much less.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new Zebras are fine! I put two twists in mine six months after I got it (stretched 1/4") and I've never had a problem with peep alignment. You shouldn't have to worry about it with your Outback , I think they changed the Zebras last year or the year before and they're much better than the old ones.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:53 PM

ther still garbage, i couldent figure out w hy my conquest 3 started shooting all over the place, and it felt like i lost some letoff, we did everythign and still couldent figure it out, and the thing was it wasnt just me that coudlent shooot it nobody could, so the owner of the proshop said, he would check one more thing but cant see it being the problem, well it was, my zebra string stretched almost 3 inches!!!, ther still garbage just like the old ones were
Old 02-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

bowhunter, you must have got a dud. I've never heard of 3 inch stretch before.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

well it was, my zebra string stretched almost 3 inches!!!, ther still garbage just like the old ones were

Old 02-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Three inches?[:-]

I'm no Mathews fan, but ya gotta wonder about some of these posts.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

I make my own strings from 450or 452.I used to use the zebra's and really think that the advertized twist and zero peep rotation is a bunch of overblown hype,twist these color strands this way and that bundle that way[:-] .If a string stretches youre peep will rotate,there is no getting away from it.450&452 if they are made right and pre stretched or shot in have very little stretch at all hence no peep rotation.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with some of these guys. I do not like nor have any time for either Mathews bows or Zebra strings as I consider most about them just a bunch of hype.

But knowing compound bows inside and out, and learning maybe just a little bit over the last 30 years I think I'd sure as hell know my bows drawlength changed way before my string stetched 3". As a matter of fact, I can tell you when it changes by 1/4", which my bows don't do anymore anyway.

And just to pass on some info, does anybody ever mark the side of their cam where it passes throguh the limbs so you can see if anything changes> Or am I the only one who takes measurements before things go out of whack and then gotta guess what happened.

Quick Reply: Zebra junk???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.