Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Something ain't jiving with my new Old Glory >

Something ain't jiving with my new Old Glory

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Something ain't jiving with my new Old Glory

Old 02-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Something ain't jiving with my new Old Glory

Sorry to be so slow. What a nice day to go to the zoo. Don't get too excited about my cam marks being off. I've played extensively with the string and cables on mine.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I screwed that up big time.
Sorry to be so slow. What a nice day to go to the zoo. Don't get too excited about my cam marks being off. I've played extensively with the string and cables on mine.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:19 PM

Here's pics of each cam

Old 02-12-2005, 10:16 PM

It looks to me your cams are not set the same! Look where your e2 is stamped on the cams where they line up to the limb forks. If you don't have the cams already marked?

I would twist up the top cable 3 turns and take out 2 or 3 on the bottom, and then your let off should be correct as well! Just a guess though........ later fishon
Old 02-13-2005, 05:57 PM

yeah, I noticed the E2 being different in relation to the limb as well. However, if you look the somewhat circular hole is closer to the E on 1 cam, and the 2 on the other, meaning they are not stamped identically. The marks on the cams are right on each side of the limb.

Rod
Old 02-13-2005, 07:13 PM

Looks like Phil has a pic of the Old Glory's #6 cam in the first pic and in the second pic are the #2 cams of a different bow. The stampings look like they are just in a different location for the top and bottom cams.
On the Allegiance, you should just about be able to see all of the bow string posts on the outside of the limb surfaces.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:40 PM

So it looks like I'm facing the prospect of bringing it back to my dealer and having him send it in. Great. Nothing like waiting for 2 months for a bow, and then having to send it back in again right when I get it. [:@]

At any rate, can someone definitively answer for me what letoff the bows are supposed to be at for their stated draw lengths? I ordered a 31" bow, and it was 31", however the draw stop was set 3/4 of the way to the shortest it could go. After moving it to the longest setting, my draw length measured 31.25 AMO, but letoff nowhere near what it is supposed to be. Also the draw still feels a little short for me. What I would really like is a 31.5" bow at 80%. Is that a valid combination?

Rod
Old 02-13-2005, 11:17 PM

Oh Geez, I just now seen that Rod posted the pic of the two cams and not Phil[&:]
Ken, I'm thinking that if you put in twists in the cables and the string, you will shorten ATA length, raise draw weight and brace height. Also the limbs will be slightly more parallel and allow the stop post to rotate slightly more to increase let off. You could also try lengthening the string by taking out twists to increase draw length like on a conventional dual cam. I took out 4 twists in my string on my Allegiance to try to increase the draw length and it did slightly and I believe it also increased let off.
Yes, I think you can get the 80% let off by playing with the string and cable lengths. I don't think my Allegiance is quite 80% with the post set all the way foward but it feels very good. I believe that if the draw stop post groove was just a tad longer on all the cam sizes,, it'd be a good thang