Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest >

Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest

Old 02-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest

Well I got a call today from my bow shop telling me my LH 28" 70lb Allegiance had arrived. JOY!!! I start going through my stuff and I bought a few things in anticipation of getting the new bow including a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter micro-adjust rest. I called Trophy Taker to get the extended windage bar and their customer service was great. They were all ready to send me the new bar in exchange until I told them I had the micro. They said the extended bar was only the standard and I'd lose the micro-adjust capability. Crap!!![:@] So, I'm going to see if my shop has a Muzzy Zero-Effect because it is very difficult finding rests in left hand. I know many guys have used either/or and some have used both so I was hoping to get some feedback. My feeling is that I can't go wrong with either rest, but what do you guys think?
Old 02-09-2005, 05:45 PM

Default RE: Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest

Go with the TKO, thats what i put on my allegiance. It works great and can be adjusted for LH or RH and has plenty of windage that the Allegiance needs.
Insatiable
Old 02-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

I was going to say exactly what Insatiable said... [8D]
Old 02-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the MZE on mine.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll have to see if they have a TKO to try. Anyone try the TR Drop Zone on an Allegiance yet?
Old 02-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got thru putting a ZE on my old glory [arived yesterday] and it seems to be working well . Id skip the dropzone , some pepole I know have had issues with it .
Old 02-10-2005, 10:20 AM

The MZE is going on mine also
Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, micro adjustments are nice but, once set up, the rest should be good to go. The Trophy Takers work very well on the E cam bows. And anything else I've put them on. I'd lose the micro adjust and get the wide bar. Since both adjustments are independent, they're easy to tune.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Phil, I agree, but I paid an extra $25 for the micro-adjust not because that was a priority, but because that was all they had in left hand from TT. Not for nothing, but I'm not going to throw away $25 for a feature I can't use.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:02 PM

HuntingBry,, Yes I have the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone on my Allegiance. The shop where I got mine said the Drop Zone outsells all his other rests by a huge margin. It also has more than enough windage adjustment for the new Bowtechs. It was easy to set up and tuned in minutes. I posted last week about what rest to put on my bow, and got a lot of responses for many different ones, and decided to go ahead and try the DZ, and am not dissappointed.

Quick Reply: Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.