HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/89897-good-news-bad-news-allegiance-rest.html)

HuntingBry 02-09-2005 04:21 PM

Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest

Well I got a call today from my bow shop telling me my LH 28" 70lb Allegiance had arrived. JOY!!!:D I start going through my stuff and I bought a few things in anticipation of getting the new bow including a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter micro-adjust rest. I called Trophy Taker to get the extended windage bar and their customer service was great. They were all ready to send me the new bar in exchange until I told them I had the micro. They said the extended bar was only the standard and I'd lose the micro-adjust capability. Crap!!![:@] So, I'm going to see if my shop has a Muzzy Zero-Effect because it is very difficult finding rests in left hand. I know many guys have used either/or and some have used both so I was hoping to get some feedback. My feeling is that I can't go wrong with either rest, but what do you guys think?

Insatiable 02-09-2005 05:45 PM

RE: Good News/Bad News Allegiance and rest

Go with the TKO, thats what i put on my allegiance. It works great and can be adjusted for LH or RH and has plenty of windage that the Allegiance needs.
Insatiable

KBacon 02-09-2005 09:24 PM

I was going to say exactly what Insatiable said... [8D]

Kanga 02-09-2005 10:47 PM

I have the MZE on mine.

HuntingBry 02-10-2005 08:59 AM

I'll have to see if they have a TKO to try. Anyone try the TR Drop Zone on an Allegiance yet?

ijimmy 02-10-2005 09:15 AM

Just got thru putting a ZE on my old glory [arived yesterday] and it seems to be working well . Id skip the dropzone , some pepole I know have had issues with it .

Techy 02-10-2005 10:20 AM

The MZE is going on mine also:)

pdq 5oh 02-10-2005 12:53 PM

Well, micro adjustments are nice but, once set up, the rest should be good to go. The Trophy Takers work very well on the E cam bows. And anything else I've put them on. I'd lose the micro adjust and get the wide bar. Since both adjustments are independent, they're easy to tune.

HuntingBry 02-10-2005 01:49 PM

Phil, I agree, but I paid an extra $25 for the micro-adjust not because that was a priority, but because that was all they had in left hand from TT. Not for nothing, but I'm not going to throw away $25 for a feature I can't use.

Angus74 02-10-2005 03:02 PM

HuntingBry,, Yes I have the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone on my Allegiance. The shop where I got mine said the Drop Zone outsells all his other rests by a huge margin. It also has more than enough windage adjustment for the new Bowtechs. It was easy to set up and tuned in minutes. I posted last week about what rest to put on my bow, and got a lot of responses for many different ones, and decided to go ahead and try the DZ, and am not dissappointed.