Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews Outback draw length ?? >

Mathews Outback draw length ??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Outback draw length ??

Old 02-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Outback draw length ??

How adjustable is the draw length on the Mathews Outback bow. My father has won one in a contest and they are asking for the drawlength and what weight he currently shoots. If he stats 29" and it's acutally 30", could the bow be adjusted that much.

Also, what is the range in weights on the Mathews bows?? 50-60 60-70??

Thanks for the input.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Mathews Outback draw length ??

He better get it right !!

The HP cam on the Outback is pretty much.......draw specific ! So if you order a 29" ..........it's a 29" ! Most of the OB come with an 80% let off cam .............it has a draw stop adjustment that lets it go to 65% and your draw length shorten's by a half inch ! Your pretty much shooting off the wall at 65%........I can't imagine many people liking it !

Also the bow has a 10lb range..........so if you order a 70# you can go to 60 # , order a 60# you can go to 50#, etc. ! Most of them run a little heavy .........so if you wanted to shoot like 63#.......it'd probably be better to get a 60# one and max it versus getting a 70# and cranking it down !

I'd tell your dad to go get measured at a pro shop before ordering and be pretty sure of what poundage he wants to shoot !

Good Luck !
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Outback draw length ??

Thanks for the info. That is what I was wondering. The other reason I ask is he wants to give it to me. He just bought a brand new Hoyt 2 season ago and has killed a 100" 9pt and a 120" 8pt this past season. He really likes that bow and doesn't want to change. I shoot a Hoyt as well and it's only 3 years old. That's why I was wondering on the length. I'm pretty sure he has a longer draw length then me.

So one of us is stepping over to the darkside

Thanks for the heads up on the draw weight as well.