Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 It is NOT cam lean! >

It is NOT cam lean!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

It is NOT cam lean!

Old 01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It is NOT cam lean!

Thanks Len!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

a sentence, it is NOT cam lean but the limb (very normal with today's technology) twisting intermittently to make the cam look like it's leaning.
Len,

If I may...can I take this one step further? I think I already know the answer to this question but let me ask it anyway. In your professional opinion do you believe the limb twist to be intentionally factored into the equation of the bow's dynamics?

Considering the emphasis Bowtech places on advancing new designs I would assume as much and would also find it hard to believe that it was overlooked right from the start but would like to hear your thoughts on it.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:48 AM

Len,
Like everyone else has said, thanks for sharing info on the new cams. What do you think about the scew that has been installed in the limb tip? ( photo by Crackers)

Old 01-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Len. I've felt all along this was a non-issue being blown out of proportion by some who can't allow themselves to believe a bow could be built without split yokes. Your defining cam lean and limb twist will help determine the direction of future discussions. I contended on another site that the yokes might actually be contributing, if not causing, cam lean (actually limb twist). As opposed to a way to remove it. Completely removing any lean/twist will cause problems in many bows. Not necessarily at brace, but at full draw. My position re: the Binary cams was that the attachment points, and cable and string routing, was designed to apply as little side pressure as possible to the cams.

Bowshopper, they reinforce the limb tips.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of us don't get much or any business from the Internet/forums. This is also a reason why you won't find many Dealers, including myself, handing out personal information as many non-Dealers are willing to do.
Len on the contrary, I think when board members notice Pro-Shop owners like yourself divulging information that enhances our sport some will be excited to visit your shop for your professional services.
So even though you do not 'directly receive' an income from the forum--indirectly there is a spin off.
I've had the opportunity of sitting in on one of your seminars at the ATA show (like I mentioned in an earlier post), and I was upset with myself for missing the seminar you hosted prior, to the one I was present at.
Being present at a seminar for me is quite educational, the information and knowledge exchanged can only improve the awareness and understanding of our sport, our gear and our goals.
Fortunately for me, I had the pleasure of sharing a room with you for 2 hours and I can say I enjoyed every minute of it!!!
Would do it all over again in a flash.
So ignore those who you feel are critical to the free information you provide on the forums--as for 'most' of us do welcome and appreciate you sharing the knowledge you have worked hard to achieve and at a cost you yourself covered.
You will be blessed my friend, let not only financial gains be the reason for
providing information, lots of comfort can be gained spiritually, in the mind--and for me, if I can make someone happy and teach them something at the same time, I have accomplished something.
Yes, money puts the food on our table--'but sharing, will put love in our hearts'.
I join my fellow board members and once again 'thank you' and all the others who share your expertise with us.
God bless you all.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Ampahunter........I was in that same seminar (as well as Len's previous day's one)
Small world huh? Maybe you noticed me get up and have to leave a few minutes early. Black long sleeve Bowtech shirt. Couldn't stay to the end as I had to get ready for that day's blitz on the floor, but I agree, very informative stuff.
And we all benefit from guys like Len.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:06 PM

Matt,, I just recently received my black long sleeve BowTech T shirt that I ordered a while back,,, very cool and it's my favorate now
Old 01-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is a small world--I did see ya leave, Len's seminar ran (the second day) well into 9:00 AM, guess you would have had to be in the booth by then.
I was sitting in the first row on the right hand side, in front of the drawing board. Saw Len's drawings of nock travel up close!![8D]. Had on my Brampton Archery hat and I think a brown Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters shirt--got to ask Len a few questions myself.
I also stopped by the BowTech booth (with an open mind) seeing what I would get myself for 2005. Shot the 28"/62 # Allegiance, the Old Glory, & Defender. Looked at the Diamond bows on the other side of the Isle, shot the Reflex Super Slam, the Alpine Denali, Merlin Extreme, Hoyt UltraTec Mathews Switchback, all real nice bows, wish I could have bought them all (WISH) and a few others--later, at the show I met a Canadian Distributor (North Sylva) and ordered a 27"/60# EQ Allegiance.
Still waiting--haven't received it as yet, hope it doesn't take as long as my Liberty did, as that was ordered after the show in January 2004 and I got it in July of 2004. But this was a Blue & Black target and allot of wires got crossed with that order.
Got any contacts at BowTech----I'd asked Pat D. a few days ago, say it should take about 4 ~ 6 weeks to get the camo bows here. The 28"/70# are already here, but they're too long (I need the EQ 7) and my shoulders are not what they used to be--even though, I noticed when I drew the 62 # Allegiance at the Show, the DW felt quite a bit less.
Sorry we did not get a chance to meet each other--and unfortunately I may not go to the ATA Show in 2006--Georgia is too long a drive from here. But will be at the Turkey show in Oprey Land, February 2006.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:52 PM

Len,
I agree with ampahunter. The bow I bought from you last year was an indirect result of your posts on this forum and others. I traveled 90 minutes each way to your shop and passed three other closer shops because I knew that I would be working with the best.

Like many others I appreciate the information you post. And like the others I don't thank you enough.

Thank you!!!

Allen
Old 01-27-2005, 06:39 PM

Oh man, and here I thought this thread was going to turn into a debacle like some of the other cam lean threads. Now its turning into a lovefest! I don't know what to make of all this peace and harmony. I guess I must have been the one who was feeling crotchety.[>:]

That being said, I'll try to stir up the pot a little. I wonder why Bowtech felt it had to reinforce the limb tips with a screw? Did they do that on their single cam bows as well? Could the Equalizer system be exerting a little extra stress in that area?

BTW Len, that was an excellent post on your findings and I appreciate it as well.

Quick Reply: It is NOT cam lean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.