Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 It is NOT cam lean! >

It is NOT cam lean!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

It is NOT cam lean!

Old 01-25-2005, 03:18 PM

Default RE: It is NOT cam lean!

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Just to have a little fun, let's see if anyone wants to take a guess at what some are actually seeing.

I'll post my findings a little later.
Hmmm..

Maybe the ends of the limbs turn a bit at full draw due to the increase in pressure on the cables in a sideways direction do to the cable slide.[&:]
Old 01-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

After being off this site for almost a year--I couldn't help but take a go at this one.
Len, I was in attendance at one of your seminars (great show) at the recent ATA show in Indy--also met you after at the Spot Hogg booth, and if I could recall correctly, we did run a test on the Allegiance EQ Cam.
At that time we were seeing about 1/16" to 1/8" cam lean (not alligned symmetrically).
Using the Apple Archery laser, connected to the bottom axle and rotating the laser to the top cam, the light was definitely off to the right.
Using the Spot Hogg laser, which actaully is fitted to the 'side of the cam' and not aligned in the center of the cam groove, as the Apple laser tool is--will understandably produce what seems to be cam lean, due to the fact the laser (Spot Hogg) at set up is not focused in the center of the cable groove.
Depending on which of the two tools you're using, variations can occur.
I've also found that not levelling the bow horizontally and vertically also produces incorrect readings. Unequaled tiller measurements also add to the problem.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:53 PM

OK Len, I saw you were viewing this thread a while ago and figured you were going to post up, but no such luck. Inquiring minds want to know......
JMAC
Old 01-25-2005, 05:06 PM

Your killing me . I thought you would of told us by now. At this point I'm going to have to look at the Allegiance.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:28 PM

GIVE UP THE INFO LEN!!!! Or am I going to have to call Uncle Guido to come give you a pair of cement shoes. Oh wait i'm not italian nor do I have an Uncle Guido, so scratch that last part. Just give us the info pretty please???
Old 01-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Knowing Len's "style" of posting over the years....... My guess is that whatever it is , is less of an issue than worries over potential cam lean would have been.
If it was something really bad.......you'd know.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok I am going say that it has something to do with the barbadensis axis which is effecting the propylparaben static allignment of the cetearyl.

Hows that Len do I win the Cupie Doll
Old 01-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie-guy..........huh?
Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ausie-guy..........huh?
Just ignore him.........he's a foreigner.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:07 PM

Boy Len, you sure are a sadistic SOB! This is going to be fun.

Quick Reply: It is NOT cam lean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.