Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alpine Denali & Yukon ? >

Alpine Denali & Yukon ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alpine Denali & Yukon ?

Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Alpine Denali & Yukon ?

Hi,
I have been looking at the new Alpine Denali and Tundra Match Grade Bows and would like some feedback on these bows from anyone who has shot one.

Noise, vibration, overall finish on the bows, the new fall away rest and so on.

thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Alpine Denali & Yukon ?

I asked this about a week or so ago. So far not much information on them.

They are a sweet looking bow and the price is pretty good too. I hope they shoot as good as they look.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Denali on the way. I'll post when it comes in.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:01 AM

Thanks 500FPS, looking forward to hearing your report on the Denali.

Did you get it in the Match Grade or the standard Denali?

Anyway hope you are happy with the new bow when you get it.

Les
Old 01-27-2005, 08:14 PM

We had one come into our shop an it lasted one day! I talked to the owner of the bow and he was loving it! Just wish I had gotten to shoot it!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:46 PM

I got to play with a Denali at the ATA show and it impressed me. Solid wall, very little shock and handsome to boot. Pretty hard to judge accuracy at 10', but if I was in the market for another bow I would seriously consider the Denali. Of special merit to Alpine is the fact that I own an old Sierra Magnum (bought new in the 80's) and it still shoots great. A great company with great customer service.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot them and am buying one i like them smooth and pretty fast. We took it out of the box cranket it up to 70 lbs shot a 360 gr arrow threw it 294 fps not bad. I going to pick mine up in about a week found them for $450 bare bow and $599 match grade
Old 01-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

I talked to my dealer and he said it will be here next Wednesday!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Well it got here a bit early. I haven't had a chance to do much shooting at all; just enough to get some chrony #'s and initial impressions. Given my schedule, it may be a while before I can really set it up and shoot at any kind of distance, but I guess a little info is better than no info.

I feel the draw is a little stiff, and given that, I would have expected better performance than it delivered. I guess Bowtech has spoiled me with smoothness and speed for so long that I had my expectation set too high. Recoil was minimal, the bow held very steady and was extremely comfortable to shoot. The draw length was an accurate 30" (+/- .25" for measuring errors). The wall is a little spongy....once again not bad but just different than what I'm used to given the draw stop on Bowtech's Freedom cams.

Noise was not excesive either, but there was a little vibration that seemed to originate from the lower section of the riser that is bolted to the upper. It sorta had a tuning fork effect which Alpine attempted to eliminate with a rubber insert between the two pylons.
I don't think durability will be an issue, however, given the unorthodox design. This bow feels solid, but realisticall, that is something that only time and cycles will reveal. The grip is going to take some getting used to, but it is not uncomfortable by any means. Overall fit and finish was good, but I haven't and will not break it down to check tolerance like some do. Even though that would be valuable information, it's just too much work for me. A cursory examination seems to indicate that it is well put together; as good as my Hoyt and Bowtechs.

Chrony #'s at 70 lbs/30"-80% letoff: d loop and 2 alpine string silencers

350 gr = 300 fps exactly

360 gr = 295 fps

380 gr = 286 fps

453 gr = 271 fps

I know this may sound a little like something you read in a magazine, i.e. bland and nothing negative, but you have to understand I'm a fan of ALL bows. I very rarley run across a bow I don't like regardless of manufacturer, and this is no exception. I like it a lot. I think this bow will open a lot of eyes and should sell well if people take the time to give it an honest appraisal. The looks of the bow are what first caught my eye and it looks even better in my hands.

This bow will not replace my Bowtechs, (especially now that the Eliminator cam is here), but I am extremy glad I bought it and I think anyone else would be very satisfied to own one as well.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the report.

Those numbers aren't too bad though. That's about a 308fps IBO bow if you take off the stuff.

If you don't mind could you elaborate a little on the grip feel.

Quick Reply: Alpine Denali & Yukon ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.