HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Ordered new Swithback yesterday....not sure why??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/87019-ordered-new-swithback-yesterday-not-sure-why.html)

RacHunter 01-19-2005 05:45 AM

Ordered new Swithback yesterday....not sure why???

What is it that makes a guy want to get a new bow when he does not need one. I bought a MQ1 in 1998, its a great bow and has served me well.........as far as that goes it is still doing a great job for me.
On the way home after ordering the Switchback I thought.........what am I doing LOL
Here are the specs for both bows:

MQ1 ...................................Switchback

AMO - .....235........................... 241
A to A - ....37"......................... 33"
Weight - ..3.75 ..................... 4.34
Brace - ...7 1/2"..................... 7"

Not really much difference between a 6 year old bow and a new one.

How often do most of you purchase a new bow???

Choctaw-Brave 01-19-2005 05:57 AM

RE: Ordered new Swithback yesterday....not sure why???

Just Bought One Myself. Though I Have Never Very Many Bows, It Was A Considerable Improvement Over My Old Bow. It Is Much Smoother & Quieter. I Think You Will Like It.

CBM SC 01-19-2005 06:16 AM

It's always fun to get new stuff ! :D

But after owning a bunch of Mathews including a MQ-1 for 4 years ! And having shot the SB recently................have fun with your new toy........but I wouldn't set your expectations too high....that it's going to shoot any/much nicer than your MQ-1 ! :eek:

atlasman 01-19-2005 08:54 AM

Getting new stuff is great...........I found myself in your shoes this year. I have an 03 Patriot that I could easily hunt the rest of my life with if it doesn't break.......but I was in the shops shooting the Allegiance and the Switchback not too long ago [8D]

I really didn't see anything in either bow that made me feel like I HAD to have one but they were great bows no doubt. The Allegiance was FAST nad the Switchback was SMOOTH. Anyone should be happy with either one.

I found out that I was still very happy with my Patriot :)

I am going to be getting into 3D shooting leagues this spring so a new bow purchase may be in my future anyways [:o]

DaveC 01-19-2005 05:13 PM

Just make sure to keep your MQ-1. I read of a lot of people missing there's once they sell it.

Enjoy your new switchback!

RacHunter 01-20-2005 05:40 AM

DaveC,
I have heard several people say they regret selling their MQ1.....

Mine has a permanent home, I got it the first year they came out and now its like a old friend... LOL :)

nubo 01-20-2005 07:15 AM

Congrat's on the new bow I'm sure you'll have lot's of fun with it .The one thing that i noticed is that the the Switchback is about 3+" shorter than the MQ-1 but wiegh's over a lb more. That is quite a bit of difference .

nubo

Techy 01-20-2005 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: RacHunter

How often do most of you purchase a new bow???

As often as I can:D