HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   bowtech Patriot making noise (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/86751-bowtech-patriot-making-noise.html)

elkaddict 01-17-2005 10:47 AM

bowtech Patriot making noise

I have an 02 Patriot SC. Recently, about half way through the draw cycle, it started making a loud clicking noise from the lower cam. I cant see anything loose--when I have some one else draw the bow, I can't see what is causing it. Much too loud to hunt with(not a problem till August) but I'm also worried something has worn out and am afraid of a failure. Any of you bowtechies seen or heard of this before? Thanks in advance.

buckeye 01-17-2005 10:51 AM

RE: bowtech Patriot making noise

Have you tried to check and tighten down your draw length module? That would be the first thing to check. Hope it is something as easy to fix as that for you.

Good luck.

Kanga 01-17-2005 01:13 PM

As jason said check the module screws and make sure they are tight.
You can also put on some BLUE loctite on the screws so they wont come loose again.

Another thing you can check is the cable rod screw make sure it is nice and snug.

DaveC 01-17-2005 04:04 PM

Your best bet IMHO is to take it to a bowtech dealer and have them figure it out.
It might cost you a 20 spot or so, but they most likely have seen it before and will know right where to go with it.

I own a reflex that was doing what you described and the fix was lubing the axles. It didn't have bearings, but I'm not so sure your 02 does either.

My current Patriot did need it's limb pockets lubed, but that noise was most of the way through the draw cycle and wasn't a click.

Good luck and makes sure it's gone before you go hunting. That reflex's noise cost me a south TX ten point in the very early morning calm. From then on I always draw my bow (before season) in a closet w/ the door shut to make sure it's a silent draw.

BowTech_Shooter 01-18-2005 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: elkaddict

I have an 02 Patriot SC. Recently, about half way through the draw cycle, it started making a loud clicking noise from the lower cam. I cant see anything loose--when I have some one else draw the bow, I can't see what is causing it. Much too loud to hunt with(not a problem till August) but I'm also worried something has worn out and am afraid of a failure. Any of you bowtechies seen or heard of this before? Thanks in advance.
Other than a loose module screw/screws I can't pinpoint what may cause this half way through the draw cycle.

If it's happening at full draw and the cam has a draw stop on it, the o-ring may have fallen off and the draw stop may be making noise when it comes in contact with the limb. This was fairly common until we started putting shrink tubing over the o-ring mid 2003.

You may need to take the bow to a dealer and have them look it over if you can't find the cause of the noise.

If you have more questions or need more help, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Regards, Pat

extreme1 01-18-2005 01:51 PM

This is an uneducated guess but could the axle be bent and there is rubbing on the limbs.Have someone stand behind you as you draw the bow to check it out.
The first thing I thought also could be the module screws