HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Anyone heard of Accu rest bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/86436-anyone-heard-accu-rest-bows.html)

cap 01-14-2005 11:17 AM

Anyone heard of Accu rest bows

just wondering if anyone heard of this brand of bow and what do you think.

Bigpapascout 01-15-2005 11:22 AM

RE: Anyone heard of Accu rest bows

ya I have shot one. they shoot 4" arrows out of them.
No thanks, Not my cup of tea.[:'(]

Trushot_archer 01-15-2005 01:08 PM

Have one at the local shop. Been there for a few years now. Uses razor blades as fletch and shoots a little bolt like BPS said.

Not a better mousetrap IMO.

Paul L Mohr 01-15-2005 01:56 PM

Is that the same one that was there when Paul owned the place? If so it's been there for more than a few years. It was there when I bought my bow from him in 2000.

I wasn't overly impressed with it either, nor was he from what I could I tell. I just think he had it there for display. I don't ever remember him trying to sell it to anyone. I think it has a draw lock as well doesn't it? Maybe not, I know the release was a part of the bow though.

Paul

cap 01-15-2005 02:27 PM

I already have one. Love it. It doesn't have a draw lock, it works just like any other compound bow. It eliminates torquing right and left. Just wondering what you guys thought of it.

Trushot_archer 01-15-2005 03:58 PM

Yeah Paul....one and the same. One of my chefs told me his father bought one when Paul first got them in...and he only got 2 in I think.

They've been there a long time.

Cap...I think they're weird but if you like it and can shoot it than I think that's great.

Ever kill anything with it?

cap 01-15-2005 04:21 PM

Yes I have got 4 doe and one 6 point,first archery buck all while hunting from the ground. Been using accurest for 4 years. I am at 45Lb. draw weight.

Bigpapascout 01-17-2005 11:14 AM

pardon me but they are avalable with a draw lock because a handicap friend of mine uses one.

Arthur P 01-17-2005 12:29 PM

Yes, they are. The launch tube makes them illegal here.

Designer 2 01-17-2005 03:41 PM

The accurest is not a draw lock. That outfit you are talking about is on the east coast somewhere.
The accurest does not and never has held a draw. There is a handicapped engineer I know that modified it cause he's in a wheel chair. His warranty is no good anymore but he's happy now.
You must hold the draw with the accurest.