Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Help! My bow is WAY TOO LOUD! >

Help! My bow is WAY TOO LOUD!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help! My bow is WAY TOO LOUD!

Old 09-04-2002, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help! My bow is WAY TOO LOUD!

Based on that I'd say leave things alone. A heavier arrow will have a different trajectory and require at a minimum adjusting your sights, if not retuning your rest to adjust for the heavier spine (assuming you don't use a drop away).

Slap on some limbsavers and shoot at relaxed deer, you should be fine.

Old 09-04-2002, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeep, a heavier arrow absorbs more of the energy from the bow leaving less of it to vibrate and shock your hand and equipment after the arrow has left the bow. With a really fast bow and really light arrows, it can be like trying to drive a little bitty nail with a massive sledge hammer. The nail will get driven really fast and hard, but your hand and the hammer will end up being jolted pretty hard with all of the left over energy.

Those light arrows, and I use them too, are quite seductive with their flat trajectory and amazing speed, but if you're having problems, the heavier ones can be worth a try.

Honestly though, I have to agree with Rangeball, it's too late to try anything radical now. Give it a shot in the spring.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another point that I should have thought of earlier... Check your brace height and axle to axle length to make sure your bow's rigging hasn't creeped out of spec.