Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Santa was nice to me! >

Santa was nice to me!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Santa was nice to me!

Old 01-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Santa was nice to me!

My husband surprised me this year with money for a new bow! Long story short, I was able to test a PSE Typhoon, Scorpion, and a Browning Rage. One of the shops has ordered a Bowtech Justice for me to try hopefully this weekend. The Justice is the bow that I had really wanted last year. The shop is going to throw in a dropaway rest(unspecified brand) if I buy the bow. I'm hoping it is a good fit. I surprisingly liked the Rage over the PSE's, but couldn't get the draw down quite far enough to make me seriously consider it. I'll be searching for info on drop aways, but if anybody is bored and could comment on the good and bad it would be appreciated!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Santa was nice to me!

Congrats on the upcoming purchase! It sure is fun to shop around & try them all out, isn't it?

As far as drop aways, I really like the Golden Key TKO that I picked up last year. It seems pretty solid & wasn't any more difficult to set up than any other rest I've had. The cool thing is that it can be set up as a drop away, as a standard prong style rest, or with a targer launcher. And the best part is the price; tough to beat for only $50. I haven't tried any other drop away but the Trophy Taker looks like it could be good. I'm planning to pick one up over the summer & play around with it a bit.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:48 PM

I have a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and love it. I wouldn't never go back to a regular prong style rest.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow! Do a search on the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, an excellent high quality fallaway that has certainly established itself as one of THE best in the industry! Check one out?
Old 01-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forget the drop rest and go with a Whisker Biscut.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lady Arwen!

You've got yourself a keeper there espeacially if he's giving you money for a new bow ,and as for the Justice I really hope you like it ,the BowTech line just keep's getting better and better and are probably the very best on the market.As for drop away's I've used the Trophy Taker on my Golden Eagle, and I'm also using a MZE on my BowTech Patriot Dually,either of these rest's work without a hitch. As for drop away rest's I'm yet to know of any that don't really work well or have too many fault's ,I know at one point it was thought that the drop away rest was nothing but a fad and would go away ,but with the drop away's of today and the future I'm afraid that they're here to stay amd the future look's bright for the drop away. I'm sure you've heard people speak down about the drop away espeacially in cold weather ,but I'll assure you that most of my hunting has been done in very cold condition's and in thick cover ,the fall away has never broken or froze up ,it's worked flawlessly for me. So all I can say is that the drop away will alway's be mounted on my bow's . The other thing is that they're very easy to set up, and it's absolutely great to have your arrow's shooting with absolutely no contact with your rest, and tuning is also easy it take's less focus off of your arrow tuning as well. You'll either like it or you won't and as far as I'm concerned the Drop away is the only way to go . Good luck and I hope the Justice is the bow of your choice, and I hope you give the drop away a try because I'm sure once you have you'll not want to take it off .My choice's are the Muzzy Zero Effect all the way with the Trophy Taker running 2nd .

nubo