Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Pendulum sights or not >

Pendulum sights or not

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pendulum sights or not

Old 01-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Pendulum sights or not

I have allways used a pendulum sight and am very comfortable with it shooting out of a tree. On the ground however I cant seem to hit where I want it to hit. I have heard by using a fixed sight a person should aim low out of a tree because the arrow tends to fly a little high. I am thinking of going to a fixed sight because I have had chances to shoot at deer on the ground but didnt have the right sight to do so. Input would be nice on this subject. Thanks, Huntwv
Old 01-01-2005, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Pendulum sights or not

I have tried some Pendulum sights but to be honest I didn't like them after trying them. Give me a good fixed pin sight I am happy. I just like standard regular pins better, of course you may love them! There are some good models that will work for both styles. one of them is the Mantis by Trophy Ridge. It will work in either condition.

Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt, If a pendulum sight works for you, stay with it. A little tip when your in the treestand. If you draw your arrow straight in front of you, like you do on the ground, then bend at the waist your shot will be right on. Many hunters draw pointing the bow down at the target. This lowers your anchor point and you must raise the sight to compensate. Wala, a high shot over the target. No need for the pendulum in the stand or on the ground if you use this technique. Practice this then you can spend more money on hunting goodies that you would have used for a new pendulum sight.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excelent point sniper i use to shoot a pendulum sight went back to a fixed with a new bow never go back to a pendulum
Old 01-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on upgrading sight this year switching from a pendulum sight to a single pin yardage adjustable sight.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

Hunt, If a pendulum sight works for you, stay with it. A little tip when your in the treestand. If you draw your arrow straight in front of you, like you do on the ground, then bend at the waist your shot will be right on. Many hunters draw pointing the bow down at the target. This lowers your anchor point and you must raise the sight to compensate. Wala, a high shot over the target. No need for the pendulum in the stand or on the ground if you use this technique. Practice this then you can spend more money on hunting goodies that you would have used for a new pendulum sight.
i have just recently got my first bow and i have been shooting on the ground at a target. what do you mean by "bend at the wrist"? bend your wrist, up, down, or in..?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:18 PM

At the WAIST.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

sniper is dead on
Old 01-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you are in a tree stand bend at waist to line up with the target instead of lowering youre arm, bending at the waist youre anchor point is the same as if you were shooting at a target on a level plain.
ORIGINAL: dirtbagdav

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

i have just recently got my first bow and i have been shooting on the ground at a target. what do you mean by "bend at the wrist"? bend your wrist, up, down, or in..?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:33 AM

thanks..

sorry for the missread.

Quick Reply: Pendulum sights or not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.