Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The Allegiance has arrived! (pic added) >

The Allegiance has arrived! (pic added)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Allegiance has arrived! (pic added)

Old 12-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Allegiance has arrived!

I have seen the question asked about these new equalizer cam BowTechs but have not seen it answered yet. So I'll ask.......Is there any cam lean??

I had a Patriot dually earlier this year and the cams leaned. I was not able to get it to tune unless I strightened the lean out by twisting the split yokes. It smoked, bad part is I couldn't keep the cams from leaning, after about 100 shots the force of the shots was either stretching the short side of the yoke or it was pulling it through and causing the lean to come back. The bow went back and I'm now shooting an Xtec. I should have waited to buy because the Allegiance/Old Glory is really what I was wanting when I purchased earlier this year, that is, if the cams aren't leaning.

Can someone that has one of the equalizer cam bows answer this question?? It would be greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure some others out there. It probably won't be appreciated so much by my wife, because if the answer is the cams do not lean, I will be selling the Xtec and buying a BowTech.

Thanks

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not noticed any cam lean. It was a concern of mine as well and something I really looked at on each of the Equalizer cam bows I saw.

If there is any it is less than my eyes can pick up. I have no means to scientifically test for cam lean. Perhaps someone like Len in Maryland would have them means for such a test?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:06 AM

Great to hear you got your "Allie", Ausie[8D] Sounds kinda "down under" huh!![&:] WE need a full report from you guys ASAP!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

MN.

From my understanding the Pat Dually the cam lean was built into the bow I too had some doubts about the cam lean on my 03 Pat Dually but that bow just shot lights out.
My 03 Pro40 Dually also had some cam lean but once again it did not effect the way the bow shot.

As far as I can see there is NO cam lean on my Allegiance.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your reply to badatta2d answered my question.

I wonder if they could just retro an 04 patriot with the new cams and strings?

Congrats on the new bow!
Old 12-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave.

The limbs from the patriot and the allegiance seem to have a different deflection as well. Also the reinforced limb tips on the 05's are a good idea since there is no more split harness.

I would venture to guess with new limbs and the equalizer cams you could retro fit an 04 Patriot riser??
Old 12-28-2004, 06:42 PM

I'm still waiting for mine.I ordered it a couple of weeks ago also from JB's mine will be 30 in. 70 lb. Hope it gets here soon
Old 12-28-2004, 07:12 PM

First, let me say that I have not yet REALLY completed any in-depth analysis of the new cam system. My cursory findings are very good so far. The nock travel looks good and the cam lean is more of a glimmer of hope fatal in some eyes rather than a reality.

Now keep in mind that I've only received two of the bows - Allegiance and Old Glory. The cam lean on both of these bows combined was almost non-existent. In fact, if I combined all the cam lean I saw on these two bows, it wouldn't add up to as much as I've seen as a norm on an average single cam bow. And, for the most part, they perform well.

As far as the cam lean on the Dullys, AG is correct. The cam lean on those bows was 'designed in' and fooling with it without this knowledge can develop other problems.

I played with both the Allegiance and Old Glory tonight to try to decide which one I'll order in LH for myself. One of my good customers, who has the same draw length, was really leaning towards the Allegiance until I brought out the Old Glory. We both shot the bows back and forth and finally agreed together that the Old Glory was better for us. For our draw length, the Allegiance was just too uncomfortable for 'good' form.

Could we shoot the Allegiance accurately? YES. Was it faster than the Old Glory? YES - by 5 fps. Were we willing to give up 5 fps for a more comfortable draw cycle and fit? You betcha!!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blodg

I set a Gold Tip Pro up at the specs mentioned earlier with 4 inch gateways and a 75 grain point. It put my arrow weight at 334.6 grains.

Shooting 5.15 gpp (65 # 334.6 grains) yields 310-312fps through my chrono.

Thats insane for a 29 inch DL and a loaded up string[8D]
Old 12-29-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some great #ers and yes with new limbs, strings and cams it would be mo-betta just to sell the Pat and buy the Allegience if that's what I wanted to do.

Sounds like a great shooter!

Quick Reply: The Allegiance has arrived! (pic added)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.