Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 carbon express selects >

carbon express selects

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

carbon express selects

Old 12-21-2004, 07:50 AM

Default carbon express selects

well, i've started threads on bemans cmm, a/c/c's and goldtip pro's. i might as well, start one last thread. carbon express terminator selects. what can you tell me about them? i have heard that the shafts do have run-out problems. has anyone experienced this? if so, i guess the mitigative technique is to cut even amounts from both ends? and one last question, anyone having spine degradation problems? i haven't heard about this so much with these shafts as i have with other shafts. i know arthurp does speak highly of the shafts.

sorry, this is the last thread i'll start concerning shafts. i just want to be sure i've dotted my i's and crossed my t's.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: carbon express selects

Hopefully Arthur will see this and jump in. He's had experience with these at looooooong arrow lengths, and types highly of them, which is saying something when it comes to carbons in general...
Old 12-21-2004, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

He's had experience with these at looooooong arrow lengths
yeah, doesn't he shoot something like a 32" or 33" arrow? [8D]
Old 12-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shoot the 60-75's with 125 grain heads cut to 30 inches out of a 70 pound bow. I love them. They give a very good ballance between being fast and are heavy enough to keep the bow quiet and increase the momentum of the arrow a good bit. Mine weigh in at 490 grains with feathers and about 515 with quick spins (guessing).

IMO one of the best carbons made right now. At least of the ones I have tried.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i have not shot them but my friend does and some other people i know and they are good carbon's. i would go to their site and look at some of the videos they have of them being shot into a brick wall. 5 shot also told me that they are the strongest carbon out right now in his opinion. i ordered the terminator hunter's for xmas so hopefully they live up to their reputation.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:52 PM

I hope they're good; I'm sitting here fletching up a dozen of them for my bro-in-law for Christmas as I write this.

Actually, I'm fairly confident they're a good shaft. I did a lot of reading over the summer trying to find a new arrow to hunt with this season & the terminator select was going to be my top choice. That is, until the father-in-law gave me a half dozen ACC's for my birthday.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:46 AM

so, no one has really experienced runout problems with these shafts? hmmm...
Old 12-22-2004, 11:03 AM

They are great arrows other than being made in Korea. I will shoot Gold Tips for that reason only. Just my stance, but they are a good arrow!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: lvreeves

They are great arrows other than being made in Korea.
yeah, i hate that part too. [:'(]
Old 12-22-2004, 02:00 PM

sorry for the double post, but bigbulls, what kind of foc do you have with that set-up? if i shoot those shafts, that would be exactly how i would shoot them.

Quick Reply: carbon express selects

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.