HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   glue for inserts for acc style arrow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/83359-glue-inserts-acc-style-arrow.html)

ash2042 12-20-2004 03:15 PM

glue for inserts for acc style arrow

I just bought a dozen ac superslim arrows, they are made up like an acc, aluminum core and wraped with carbon. It is my first time using these arrows and was wonder what kind of glue for the inserts. do I use glue for aluminum or glue for carbon. If I use glue for aluminum how do you heat the insert and not the arrow since you can't heat carbon. I guess what I am asking is what glue and the steps to take to glus them in?

Rangeball 12-20-2004 03:32 PM

RE: glue for inserts for acc style arrow

I used super glue on my ACC inserts. They were originally installed with hot melt, but wouldn'd stay in.

I solved that issue... :)

If you go this route, use lots (to give you more work time) and work quick...

mez 12-20-2004 04:36 PM

What rangeball said. I use super glue on both my ACC's and carbon arrows. You won't ever have to worry about taking them out.

ash2042 12-20-2004 04:52 PM

When you guys say super glue, can I use for example, goat tuff or fas set gel

mez 12-20-2004 04:55 PM

Yes you can. I have not used either but a lot of guys on here really like the goat tuff glue. I just buy regular super glue at Wal Mart.

ash2042 12-20-2004 05:01 PM

Thanks, that answered my question.

Jeepnut 12-20-2004 07:03 PM

If I'm in a hurry I'll use the same Fast Fletch adhesive that I use for my fletching. Seems to work great. I've never had a problem. But if I have a little more time I'll mix up some 2 part epoxy. I guess I feel like it works a little better but like I mentioned, I've never had a problem with the super glue.

Olink 12-21-2004 07:35 PM

I thought glue was supposed to come with any arrows that used the HIT system. I don't know why the superslims would be any different. I'd go to wherever you got your arrows and ask where your glue is. The glue that Easton supplies with the HIT inserts is an epoxy.

Personally, there's no way I would use a superglue for HIT inserts. You have to seat them down inside the shaft and if the superglue decides to bond before the insert is at the right depth, or it sticks to the seating tool, you can kiss that arrow goodbye.

ash2042 12-22-2004 06:11 PM

I think I am going to use the epoxy that comes with the arrows. I just thought I would ask since these are aluminum inside. I thought it may be better to use the type of glue for aluminum arrows. Thanks for all the input.