Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 A Fond Farewell...Everyone please read >

A Fond Farewell...Everyone please read

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A Fond Farewell...Everyone please read

Old 12-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A Fond Farewell...Everyone please read

To all,

I wanted to post this, as I’ve made many friends here online. Particularly on this board.

I have been absent from these boards lately for a myriad of reasons.

Work has been insane for lack of a better word. My company was bought out in September, and it has required much of my time.

Also as a select few know, I have some serious health problems I’m dealing with.

And through that all I’ve been trying to keep a family together, unfortunately I haven’t been very successful.

I’m not looking for any pity parties or sympathy, just wanted my friends here to know why I’ve been absent, why I haven’t been answering emails or returning phone-calls. You all deserve an explanation, and also so you know that I’m not mad or upset at anyone..just have far too many other things to deal with/get through.

I have also given up Archery and Hunting. I just don’t have the desire anymore. At least for the foreseeable future. That is another reason I wanted to post this “goodbye”.

I have learned quite a bit from many of you, experienced archers/hunters and novices alike. Whether it’s archery related or just “life lessons”, I've come away with alot. I’ve enjoyed sharing what little I know and all the debates/fun threads. I’ve met a lot of good people on this board. We’ve had a lot of fun. I think about you all often.

I’ve also made some enemies or pissed some folks off, and to folks like Kevin (Pinwheel 12), DoubleCreek, and to any others who feel I have “wronged” them in some way or whom I’ve upset, please accept my sincere apologies. In the grand scheme of life, to make enemies of those who have a common bond with you through a fun hobby over equipment/brand, or other trivial things is absolutely asinine. There are far more important things in life than bows and cams and hunting. Again, I’m sorry.

I’m sure I'll lurk every now and again, as I have lately but I won’t be contributing.

I wish each and every one of you here on HuntingBBS a great Holiday, and Happy New Year. Best of luck in all things you do. And a big Thank You to HuntingBBS for providing me with an Archery "Home" and place to meet so many excellent people over the years.

I will miss you all. Take Care and Goodbye…

Jeff

PS:Please feel free to Email me/ PM me if you wish at any time. It may take me a few days to get back to you, but I’ll do my damndest.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A Fond Farewell...Everyone please read

Jeff, I don't know your problems or circumstances but I do know you will be sorely missed. I hope you will reconsider, whether we agreed with your opinions or not we all felt we were better educated because of your posts and comments.

What will be will be. You have many friends here. We wish you nothing but the best. Keep your chin up and God bless.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, what ever your circumstances are, I truely wish the best for you. You have been a great addition to this board and I've always respected your knowledge and experiences. You will be missed sorely not just by me, but everyone here.

I hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday season and everything works out in the end.

Take care friend.

God Bless
Old 12-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Just do what you have to do in your personal life. We all hope and pray that in time things will come together and will be alright. Thanks for the advice, opinions you have shared and oh yeah, the QAD Ultrarest I put on my bow is working just dandy.

In my opinion the techy forum is not the same without you. We will look for you on here, take care.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff: Words can't explain how much your contrubutions have meant to the boards in general, and to me individually. Thanks so much for generously sharing your experiences and knowledge. It was always a highlight of my day to get an email or PM from you. I will pray that your troubles can be eased, and you can get back to a life that is better for you and those you love. If there is anything any of us can do, please don't hesistate to ask.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:54 PM

Wow, I'm going to miss you. You were one of my favorite people here. I really enjoyed the things you had to say and respected your opinions. To me you are the arrow dude.

What ever is going on in your life I wish you the best and hope it works out. I have had some bad times as well. Remember that sometimes you go thru these things for a reason, and you don't always know why, nor do you need to. It is a function of growth and learning. Maybe you chose to be here and learn or experience certian things, or possibly you are helping someone else learn something. It's not always about us you know.

If you ever need someone to talk to or just to vent contact me. I know what it's like to lose everything (family, job, friends) and have to start over again, plus I have some mental problems on top of all of it. Remember you don't always have to be alone, it just feels that way sometimes.

[email protected]

Yahoo ID
biteme263

I have messenger and am on my computer a lot since I don't have a job right now. I am usually invisable, just shoot me a messege and if I'm on I will respond. The only thing I use it for is talking to my girlfriend pretty much, but it's almost always on.

Best wishes, and like I said I will miss you as I am sure others will.

Paul
Old 12-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff!

I am so sorry for the thing's happening in your life right now ,I know that I have been wondering just where you were and have been wanting to ask someone but feel that it isn't my place to be asking question's that are none of my business.Jeff I'll alway's be in debted to you for the thing's that you did to help me in getting my BowTech Patriot Dually this past season,I definetly will never forget the advice that you have given me in the past as well.This forum will definetly miss you as well as I will. You are a CLASS ACT and there will be no one that will replace you .The best I like about you is that you call a spade a spade and if we're not grown up enough to face the truth then maybe we're the one's that shouldn't be representing this forum.
I hope you'll periodically pop in and visit and post on some of our thread's ,because you have a great deal to offer every one of us ,I try to help when ever i can to new bowhunter's with good advice and I've learned this from yourself and some others on this forum .This feel's as if we're removing a pillar of knowledge and part of the foundation of this forum ,YOU will be greatly missed .

I hope your health get's better and you can find some resolve to the problem's happening in your life now, .Just remember thing's alway's get better .We will all be thinking of you.

Your FRIEND alway's

John Edwards
nubo
If in any way's I can help ,even if it's just an ear for you to vent ,please let me know
Old 12-19-2004, 03:04 PM

Jeff, I'm extremely sorry to hear of your health problems. I hope what ever it is you make a speedy recovery. Your imput and knowelge will be missed here. I always looked forward your post and replies knowing I will lean something. I also don't think you made any enemies here. Debate is good. You've filled many hours of pleasure for me at HuntingNet and other sites I visit. Good luck Jerry
Old 12-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best Wishes my friend , My prayers are with you . You have been a wealth of info to this family , my prayer is that whatever turmoil you have with your family is resolved and your health restored . When the storm is over you know all will be happy to see your post's back on here again . Jeff = Arrow Smith #1
Old 12-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Jeff--

I am honestly saddened to see you go and hope your health returns quickly. Altho we did get off on the wrong foot I assumed we forgot about that-- it soon became very apparent to me shortly thereafter that you did indeed possess a strong desire to learn as well as pass on info, and you also tried your best to ensure it was correct info too, which is very rare nowadays as I only know of a few including myself who do that. Unfortunately I understand all too well about life's trials and tribulations, and thoroughly understand where you are coming from with your post. I sincerely wish you the best of luck and good health in the future. If you're anything like myself, I know you probably won't be able to just walk away and as you have already mentioned will be lurking from time to time so obviously the bug is still there--- I hope you reconsider at least to a point and stop in to say "Hi" once in awhile. Best Wishes, Happy Holidays. Kevin

Quick Reply: A Fond Farewell...Everyone please read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.