Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Seen this yet?

Old 11-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Seen this yet?

New drop away from GKF, the Captivator-

http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/imag...ts/hunter1.jpg

Looks like it uses cable impact to trigger the rest drop. Hard to tell for sure...
Old 11-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seen this yet?

It will certainly be interesting to hear how the GKF Pro staffers will attack anyone who suggests that they copied the QAD.[8D]
Old 11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting? Yes. Predictable? Yes.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

True Joe , ? for ya , who wont GKF rip off . Trophy taker , wisker bisquet , and now QAD . Man these guys are something . They had a good rest in the premeir seires , but man its been ripoffs ever sence . Oh yah they did have the power drop , and mirage , both POS's IMO .
Old 11-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I'm not saying they don't have good products, or that this rest isn't interesting. It's the Pro staffers that get pretty nasty when anyone even suggests that some other company might be capable of an idea or two.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

It looks like they designed it's drop/power source the same as that other great new drop away that was supposed to be the cats meow , what was that one called? The power drop?
Old 11-30-2004, 02:58 PM

I won't get Nasty. I like the QAD. Great concept. Glad to see GKF coming out with their own full containment fall away. Sure, the containment of the arrow is absolutely the same. Any retard can see that. As well as the concept of the arrow starting in the up position...but GKF had that first with another rest. To be honest, I have no clue how the rest is activated to fall away. I don't know if that's a spring steel rod that pushes the rest down or a pneumatic system of some sort. All I know is it will be perfect for my elk hunt next september in Idaho. It still doesn't beat the infiniti. Ideas are running out in my opinion, you can only rebuild a better mousetrap so many times.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I am also on GKF pro staff and I will not make any defence on their behalf.
The launcher does does look a lot like the QAD but they could be licensing the launcher design from QAD or it could be that QAD never submitted a pattent to begin with, who knows,

I personally have never used a QAD but for GKF to pay to be licensed to use the launcher design It must be a good set up.

I will be testing one soon and If I like it better than the TKO or the Infiniti I will use it and permote it
If I dont I wont[8D]