Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Seen this yet?

Old 11-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Seen this yet?

Alpine's new '05 line-

http://www.alpinearchery.com/

Sweet...
Old 11-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Seen this yet?

Alpine has definetly met the challenge and has made some serious change's .

I like them .

nubo
Old 11-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting...
Old 11-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks intresting , Alpine has made some quality stuff in the past , I know they are not cheap . I hope they are offering their twin force cams on all of their new models . The risor looks like hoyts bridged , or "tec" risor , kind of tight for those of us with big hands . And thats definatly a high grip . I hope they offer a diferant grips for those who shoot a low grip .
Old 11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Bob is always thinking at Alpine, and he's done a great job with this lineup, no question. They're almost "Star-Warsy". (that's a good thing to those who can't understand my lingo! )

I'm looking forward to shooting one at the ATA and speaking to Bob and Vince about them.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting! I wonder how the modular riser will hold up. It certainly should be less costly to manufacture, and the bows look nice. I'm also curious how the extra high cable guard and the upper limb/idler lean will work out.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:56 PM
c j
Typical Buck

They have some of the best looking bows - and some of the worst.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

It definitely has caught my eye. Anybody want to spill the beans a little bit about the riser, cams, etc...? It seems like some of you folks have some info from somewhere. Jeff? Kevin?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been told that the single cam it uses is very similar to the max cam Mathews used on the Z-max and Conquest several years back. Based on this, I would expect a stiffer draw cycle. If it is, I would have expected more energy output, and won't be near as interested as I initially was, not matter how good it looks

I've emailed Alpine and asked for an FDC graph pic, to see how it's generating energy. Hopefully they'll respond.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure these risers have been put through a battery of tests but it will be interesting to see how they stand the test of time. How will they hold up in extreme temperatures and the rigors of hunting? Any warping, twisting, expanding, contracting etc...

I have noticed they don't often list their IBO speeds. Not that it matters, but it is nice to have some type of comparison, even though most manufacturers pad these stats.

I still have an old Alpine Silverado Teton laying around. It was quite a bow in its day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.