HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Help with my kid (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/79949-help-my-kid.html)

Spotted Owl 11-21-2004 05:15 PM

Help with my kid

I am narrowed down to three different bows for my 10 yr old boy.

1. Bowtech Rascal
2. Browning micro midas 3
3. Browning micro adrenaline

he shoot all three of them fine and says they all seem to be about the same so his choice is out. With out thinking about the price tags tell me which one and why as well as why not the other two. I am not sure about kids bows and know nothing about them and could really use your help.

Some back ground on my boy. He is 10. Pulls 30#s fairly easily. His draw length is already 25". He can hit a quarter whith three shot out of all three bows to 15 yds.

For some reason I am leaning toward the Browning micro adrenaline. I don't know why I lean in that direction but for some reason I do.

Your help is appreciated more than you realize

thanks for your thoughts and ideas

Scot

Bowtech Dad 11-21-2004 05:31 PM

RE: Help with my kid

I would get him the 2005 Bowtech Rascal. Here is some information in it. The bow with also have great resale value when it comes time to upgrade him to a adult BowTech.

After evaluating all the current youth bows on the market, I am proud to say my 8 year old son will be shooting a 2005 Bowtech Rascal very soon. I think this is the best youth bow on the market now. Bowtech made some changes to the bow for 2005 and this bow will be fantastic. They have a new Rascal cam that will have a draw stop like Bowtechs other singles so the let off can be adjusted instead of using a module like before. They also gave the Rascal bow a little more axle length at 25 1/4" and a taller brace height which is now 7 3/4". The thing I like most about this bow is Bowtech is offering a retrofit package for $99.00 and it includes new limbs, draw module, string/cable, retested and shipped back freight free. So as your child grows he can move up in draw length and draw weight. I will be posting pictures when it arrives.

Ar34shooter 11-21-2004 05:51 PM

ok first thing to ask is what kinda poudage can he pull back ? Id say regardless of what bow manufactor , I would go to a shop that has them all , and let him see what bow feels good, bows are like shoes they have to feel good to who is shooting it, To put a kid in a bow that you liek or other say woudl be like putting the youngster in a pari of shoes that has a great name , b ut rubs blisters on his big toe all the time, so let the youngster decide, after all he is shooting the bow, right.Now things to help him decide may be that you ask him how does the grip feel, is the bow too heavylast do you like the way it looks.
Of course being of the PSE family Id want you to put him in the micro midas, but keep in mind one thing on that bow, he can grow into this bow a long time, it has 10 inches of draw length adjustmnet, very vewry few bows offer this.Just a idea ok good luck keep us informed, teach him the right way to shoot and he will love it.

sprintflyer 11-21-2004 09:00 PM

I can't help you much but for what it is worth, my hunting buddy's son has the Midas 2 and it seems to be a tough bow. He has taken a doe with it this year and it has been passed down from his oldest son with no troubles. My 11 year old shoots a HCA Quad Four and has taken deer with it.

jetblast 11-23-2004 03:59 AM

My boys shoot the micro-adrenaline. It'll spit out GT carbon s and Muzzy 100 gr pretty good. The rest sucks and needs changed. But overall, it's a decent bow.

Spotted Owl 11-23-2004 06:03 PM

thanks for your help if anyone else has any thoughts please let me know