Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Outback or Mighty Mite??? >

Outback or Mighty Mite???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Outback or Mighty Mite???

Old 11-03-2004, 06:43 PM

Default RE: Outback or Mighty Mite???

Thanks guys. Like I said I just was typing what I knew and if it was wrong thats just what I had gotten, not from my experience. That's why I always say shoot as many as you can and one will pick you. Have a good one.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Two guys I know of are getting 297 fps out of the Outback at 29", looks like they still beat the Mighty Mite and their arrows weigh within a few grains of yours Buckeye.
I'm not saying you are lying, just misinformed

I agree, you must be misinformed.

As for what I prefer I would get the MM. Granted I am partial to Bowtech but here's why...

MM vs OB

MM is just as smooth

Just as quiet (maybe quieter)

Faster

Better String and Cables

Better Customer Service

Adjustable draw with use of modules, not changing cams

Adjustable let off from 65-80% (can't remember if OB is adjustable or not, don't think so)

Cost less

And I like the valley better

Did I leave anything out[8D]

Get the Mighty Mite
Old 11-03-2004, 08:30 PM

You may also want to check out the new Defender from Bowtech
Old 11-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Techy, the let off is adjustable on the Outback. But at 65% the draw is shortened 1/2", and the valley is even narrower than at 80%. I've seen no one want one left at 65%, after trying it.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

Techy, the let off is adjustable on the Outback. But at 65% the draw is shortened 1/2", and the valley is even narrower than at 80%. I've seen no one want one left at 65%, after trying it.
Phil is right..the 65% letoff option is brutal....I'm not sure why they bother. But I will say the 80% letoff valley is so tight on the OB it seems to negate most of the "noodle-y string" quirks of most high letoff bows.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

Thanks, ya learn something new every day
Old 11-04-2004, 03:27 PM

So here's my two cents worth. Oddly enough I am under the same delima in thinking about the Outback or the Mighty Mite. I just went to the archery shop last weekend and shot both of these. My first impressions were that the Outback seemed a little heavier and I really didn't like the bulky grip, all things compared to just the Mighty Mite.

The MM seemed much faster than the Outback, at least to me. (This was just my feeling, no chronograph) Granted I'm still a beginner just looking for an upgrade from the first bow I bought a couple of years back...

What I was shocked about was that I really didn't like the Outback. The reason I was shocked is because I've shot my father-in-law's Legacy and my brother-in-law's SQ2 and I was pretty impressed with them. I had just figured that I would have jumped on the band wagon and liked the new Outback... But instead I am extremely impressed with the Mighty Mite.

The one down side that I did have with the MM compared to the Outback was that the hand shock was noticeable. The Outback had much less shock, actually none, compared to the MightyMite...

Now here is my question... Is the 2005 MM going have any significant changes? I was impressed with the one I shot last weekend and thought about purchasing it but then some how I've been sucked into this hype of the new 2005 models coming out... Can any one out there tell me what the difference is going to be between the 2004 and 2005 MM or should I now wait for something in the Equalizer system... Did I mention that I'm feeling impatient on waiting...

Well any ways, that was just my feeling/impressions on the two seeing as someone else was out there with the same comparisons... Hope some of my thoughts made sense and I don't look like too much of an idiot...

-Jeff
Old 11-11-2004, 04:28 PM
RPL

I've never shot the Outback but I know Matthew's does make a high quality bow. I do own a Mighty Mite and love it. I've had my MM for three deer seasons now and just cannot come up with any valid reason to replace it. It's just a great shooting bow.
I shoot about a dozen arrows, almost everyday from June thru November and the just keeps working great.
Another thing to consider is that BowTech comes with a Winner's Choice string.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:52 AM

As a former Mathews die hard who has saw the light. Side by side there is no choice the Mighty Mite wins hands down. I could not find anything that the outback done better than the MM. MM is the best short bow I have ever shoot. I am shooting better with it than ever before. MM all the way
Old 12-27-2004, 08:19 AM

So which one did you end up getting, if either, and why?

Me, I'm dying to get a MM.