Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bad Pro Shop

Old 03-05-2002, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bad Pro Shop

I called a pro about 45min west of where I live(I threw that in so you locals know who I'm speaking about). I asked them how much it would cost me to fletch my arrows w/ flex fletch. The guy said that he did'nt flex arrows w/ flex fletch because it was too time consuming. He said if I really wanted it done, it would cost me double of the price he charges. I heard someone in the background say,"Charge for the FF and put Duravanes on". I asked him for a price on having my arrows dipped w/ paint. He said he did'nt do that.
I should have learned my lesson when I took my bow there a couple of years ago to have them put a new string on and they put the wrong one on. I'll be going to my local shop to have my equipment set up(they are to my South). I just wanted to prove a point that all shops don't care if they make there customers happy. They just care about the $$. I'll never go to that shop and believe you me that I'll make sure to let all my Bow buddies know about it.

There he was broad side at 20 yards. I drew, released and....
Old 03-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad Pro Shop

sorry to hear about your experience
just another reason why pro shops should be regulated
we have to do something to get these types of shops out of business
Old 03-05-2002, 10:31 AM

virgina hunter,
i have a shop just fifteen minutes S.E. of me that has the same attitiude. a friend of mine went in last week to check out a few mathews. he needed to stand at the counter for 10 minutes while the employee was bragging about how ****ed up' he got last night. he then proceeded to yell at my friend(grown man) to get out from behind the counter(which he wasn't) when scott asked to shoot a couple of the bows, the employee told him that they would have to be 'set up' and that would take a while. needless to say scott, basically told the guy 'to stick it' and walked out.
scott called me later that day to tell me the story. before he could begin, i guessed that he was treated poorly. he was surprised. i wasn't.
i can only assume that this particualr proshop is used soley as a tax right-off. i honestly have never heard one person say anything good about that shop.
i tell all my friends the same thing.....'drive the extra miles to "BAY" city and go to a quality shop..'

Edited by - PABowhntr on 03/05/2002 17:58:05
Old 03-05-2002, 11:49 AM

I have never had work done in any pro shop around me and didn't feel like I was bothering someone.
I will not go back to the shop I bought my mathews 6 yrs ago. No other shop is allowed a mathews dealership so they all hate and bad mouth Mathews.
I walked into one shop to get a cable replaced and the owner actually said as I walked through the door, "Oh great another piece of sh*t mathews that needs to be fixed"
I turned around and walked straight out never to return again.

I finally found a great bowshop that really cares about my bow and does great work. it is very close also, matter of fact its in my spare bedroom.

Its the only place I will go.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Spike

Virginia Hunter, Try B&B archery in Mansas they have been really great people to deal with in the past. I even plan on buying my new Havoctec from them in the next few weeks. You can also go to Rangeland near charlottsville, Va. I have always taken my Mathews bows there for anything need done...
Old 03-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Robin Hood,...Thats who I'm talking about. I didn't want to give any names but you said it first. B & B are the one who put the wrong string on my Mathews and when I told them they did, they did'nt want to fix it. I called them yesterday just to get a general idea on how much it was going to cost me to get my arrows dipped and fletched. I never intended on actually getting it done by them. And now for sure, they will never get my business.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Spike

Virginia Hunter, May I ask which pro shop you are going to now? I am always looking for new places to check out. Is it Hoffmans?
I now there is a Mathews dealer "bows & arrows" In Alexandria that I will never set foot into again. I had a Z-light that he destroyed with a drill and hammer.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

My old stomping grounds fellas...seems things have not changed, though B&B usually was good to me after I got out of the business...

JeffB
Old 03-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I'm glad I have two good shops close to me. One shop, that I shoot at frequently, is nice enough to give me price breaks on most everything I buy there. The other shop, is top notch also, and really goes all out to make the customer happy. This is why I normally don't mail order too much. I support the locals.

Quick Reply: Bad Pro Shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.