Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bad Pro Shop

Old 03-05-2002, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Bad Pro Shop

WOW...I guess I'm blessed. Our local pro shop is like one big family. Heck on friday night league the women all bring bake goods and the owners always bake cakes for the kids on their birthdays. Their lay away policy is give what you can afford on it ,and come up here and shoot it till it's payed off. Whenever that is! Sorry to hear about your shop, don't blame you for going else where.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:38 PM

Unfortunately, we have one of these bad "pro shops" here too. If you're not in their "click", they don't give you the time of day. Took a few arrows to get refletched one time there, looked like the guy used about 1/4 tube of Fletch Tite on each vane. They are so bad I haven't shot them. Now I have a Grayling jig and fletch my own, much better product too!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Robin Hood...The shop I go to is Bowes and Arrows. Robbie has been good to me. I bought my bow there a couple of years back and whenever I mess something up, he fixes it. I hunt Ft Belvoir and Bowe is just down the road from them so its convinient for me to go there. Sorry to hear your Z-light got messed up. May I ask what happened to it? I think you should give him another try. I know Bowe pretty well and he's a good guy. He me be a little high on some of his prices but I'd rather spend my money there then to spend it on gas and drive to B&B...and have a half fast job done on it.
As for Hoffman, I think they went out of bussiness. The only thing I ever bought there was climbing steps so I can't really give you any advice on how they used to be.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

VA Hunter is that shop on RT.1???

The Tazman
Old 03-06-2002, 07:14 AM

I use to live near B&B and had bad dealings with them also and they are very over priced.. It seemed if you werent in there little click you were outof luck at that shop.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Taz, Yeah that shop is on Route 1. Right next door to NAPA auto parts.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Va. Hunter where off of 95 would I want to jump off to catch the shop?

The Tazman
Old 03-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Taz, there are two ways to go. If you are comming from 395 South then get off at the Fort Belvoir exit. Take Route 1 North, pass Belvoir and it will be on the right about 2 miles or so. If you for some reason miss that first exit then you can take the second Fort Belvoir exit, you'll come off the ramp and be on the Fairfax Co. Parkway. Follow that down until you run into a dead end(which is Route 1). Make a left. You'll pass Belvoir and and in 2 miles or so you'll see the shop(next to NAPA). If you for some reason get off and run into the Palone dealership you went the oppisite way and you need make a U-turn. Thats way #1 and the quickest from I395S.
Way #2 would be to take 395 to 495 and go towards Baltimore. Get off on the exit thats says Rt1 South Fort Belvoir. You'll eventually run into Bowes and Arrows on the left. Just remember to look for NAPA auto parts. Way #2 is much longer than way #1. so try that....Let me know if you understand my directions.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Va. Hunter I work right inside the beltway off Edsel road, do you think it would be quicker from here to do the beltway?

The Tazman
Old 03-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

If you work off Edsel then your best bet would be to take 395 S to the Belvoir exit which is the very next exit after Alban St.(be careful not to cross over those white solid lines before you get off on the exit because the Troopers some times hang there to catch people). You'll see what I meen.
Anyway, you'll be on the Fairfax Co. Parkway. Go till it ends and make a left. then you'll be on Rt1. Follow the previous directions.

Quick Reply: Bad Pro Shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.