Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 feathers in the rain >

feathers in the rain

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

feathers in the rain

Old 10-14-2004, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: feathers in the rain

hello to everyone and happy hunting this year. i shoot 4" feathers and i have a whole box of various vanes i'll give you. lol. i wouldn't shoot vanes if you paid me. i used to shoot vanes because thats what you always get at the archery shop unless your arrows are special ordered with feathers. i could group good out to25 yards or so and then i was all over the place. when i was told about feathers and made the switch, i have never looked back. i now will shoot out to 50 yards with extreme cofidence in my shot with feathers and before i was barely confident at 20. use the feathers you won't be dissappointed. oh by the way guys, i hunted tonight in the drizzleing rain for three hours with feathers and i too use scotch gaurd and no problems. happy hunting
Old 10-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Its amazing how people will voice there opinions about your choices in equipment, which has nothing to do with the question at all. Thanks for the guys that answered my question and didn't get into the vanes vs. feathers debate.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feathers are far superior to vanes in all aspects , they are faster , and stabilize broadhead equiped arrows faster , makeing for a more forgiving hunting setup . They allso are more durable , handel contact much better than vanes , if they lay down you can fluff them up with steam , say after going thru an animal . You cant do that with vanes once they are rippeled they are junk , the hair dyer thing does'nt work very well at all .

To answer the original posters question , bohnings fletch dry powder works well for me along with a ziplock like Auther said . Dont get it in your eyes or in your nose , youll be sory .
Old 10-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arthur P knows what he knows I Doubt he has ever shot Vanes due to the simple reason you think you already know it all
I spend 5 8 hour days in an archery shop shooting and testing different arrow set ups on a daily basis and I know what works and what dont.
I will tell you what is idiotic Arthur is trying to get a Broadhead that is almost impossible to tune with even 5 inch fletching

and you call my set ups idiotic?

I have killed 3 deer with my idiotic set up already this season
how many have you killed?
Old 10-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

T miller send those vanes Ill take them!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:59 PM

I will have to agree with Arthur on this one.

Feathers are WAAAYYYY more accurate than any vane I have ever tried. I do not like feathers because they are fragile and not waterproof but use them because they work and they are COOL...they add a bit of traditional flavour to the HIGH tech compound shooter.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry Guys I owe arthur p and a few others an apology for my arrogant post,

I sometimes get a little over zealous when I post about arrow studies
and If any one disagrees with me I some times get bent out of shape especially when I know I am right[:'(] every one is intitled to their opinions even when they are wrong
however I am not throwing out theroys but phyaical studies conducted on varius arrow configurations, the test results do not lie my opinions are formed from the result of the out come of the tests which are physically conducted.

any information I share with the members of this this board or any other one I frequent is based on hours and some times years of study of the subject.

just like the speed pro phenemenon dispite documented facts people will still dis agree with facts

another example is some people think third axis leveling will make your up hill and down hill shots more accurate as far as windage is concerned it will but has nothing to do with elevation that is a matter of properly judging the line of sight and distance

Anyway I am climbing down off the soap box now
and sorry for highjacking the thread.

I feel better now

I suppose I need to grasp the reality some folks simply argue with the cold hard facts.

Its All Good[8D]
Old 10-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, since you partially apologized then, for my part, I partially accept. You just need some more study but, please, do so with an open mind. You'll find your 'cold hard facts' aren't quite so cold or hard. Kinda warm and mushy, really.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:36 PM

Feathers are better in every way! Right now i'm testing the quick spins, but for me that are not any more accurate than my feathers.

But for the original ? i think scotchgaurd's the best way
Old 10-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

any information I share with the members of this this board or any other one I frequent is based on hours and some times years of study of the subject.

Some of the members of this board measure that in decades , Auther

Quick Reply: feathers in the rain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.