Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Now what? Broadhead/Tuning question >

Now what? Broadhead/Tuning question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Now what? Broadhead/Tuning question

Old 10-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Now what? Broadhead/Tuning question

If your broadhead groups are tight but to the left or right 2-3" at 25-30yds you can just resight to your broadheads and go hunting but with that same setup your broadheads will move over a lot at ranges of 40-45yds but that is also getting to a range most people don't shoot at game also.
I guess I assumed that broadhead groups are to the "left or right 2-3" of the fieldpoint. I assumed from the original statement that the bow was tuned to fieldpoints since it was mentioned that the bow had been papertune and was shooting awesome groups.

I guess the point that I was getting at was that it sounded like the bow was shooting field points great but when attempting to shoot broadheads, they were not grouping the same. My point to this is that the arrow itself is reacting differenty to the different tip. Therefore, it would have to be tuned differently (seperately) then the field point. I would suggest tuning to the broadhead first since they will be used for hunting. As you mentioned:

The arrow stabilizes quicker with a field tip verses a broadhead.
I agree with this and this would be another reason to tune the bow to the broadhead.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Now what? Broadhead/Tuning question

If you are a right hand archer , I would sugest taking a turn out of both limb bolts . Your bow will be easyer to draw and your broadhead equiped arrows should walk to the right .