Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WB Tuning advice needed >

WB Tuning advice needed

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WB Tuning advice needed

Old 09-29-2004, 10:44 AM

Default WB Tuning advice needed

With 16 days til season I'm about to rip this WB off my bow. I really like the concept but can't shoot consistent groups out past 20 yards.

Tried paper tuning it last night and kept getting a nock right tear...anywhere from 1" to 1.5" no matter where I moved it.

Centershot seems good, the rip are straight right..

I'm shooting 2216 arrows with 125 grain fp 4" vanes.

My bow is set up at 64# with a 28" draw.

What am I missing?
(besides my old TM Hunter)
Old 09-29-2004, 10:58 AM

Default RE: WB Tuning advice needed

I feel your pain! I posted earlier about it tearing up my vanes. It was suggested that I replace my original with the B2. Got one last night, taking it back on my lunch hour today. I have good groupings right now, so I am not gonna mess with it any more since the season opens here on Friday. As soon as the season is over, it is coming off my bow.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:09 AM

I have the new style WB.

I've read all the threads here and have been to the recommended sites. I can't figure it out.

Should I trim the disc?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tried paper tuning it last night and kept getting a nock right tear...anywhere from 1" to 1.5" no matter where I moved it.

I'm confused as to how centershot can seem good if you are getting that much of a right tear...

Have you tried adjusting the WB in small amounts until you get a bullet hole?

If you can't, is it possible you're arrows are underspined? If you think it might be a weak spine issue, try putting a lighter field tip on to stiffen it then try again, may tell you what you need to know...
Old 09-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

2216's should be fine. My guess is hand torque, if your centershot is good.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:00 PM

HaGar43,

They make two sizes of WB's. One has a stantard size hole to use with aluminum arrows and one has a smaller hole for use with carbon's. When I used the WB I had the carbon one and shot carbon's fine but when I shot my 2219's they wouldn't fly well at all, fishtailing sort of. The grip was too tight even though you could seemingly pass the arrow through the rest easily. Your arrows may be too little spined as well. You didn't state your arrow length so I'll guess your arrow are 27-28"? You are right on the border to step up to 2219's. If you can try using a field tip of 75-100grs and see if you still get the right tear. If you don't get a tear with the 75 or 100gr tips then you are underspined to shoot the 125's on the 2216.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: HaGar43

With 16 days til season I'm about to rip this WB off my bow. I really like the concept but can't shoot consistent groups out past 20 yards.

What am I missing?
(besides my old TM Hunter)

That sucks.............It's not the WB...........but it still sucks.

I don't like paper tuning myself but if you are into chasing bullet holes then I would move your rest to the left in small increments and see what you get. That should correct your straight right tear.

Personally.......I am a stickler for arrow flight. I watch how an arrow flies very closely and once I hit that perfect lazer beam straight flight and have no clearence issues I quit and adjust my sights.........ready to rock.

I just don't always see perfect flight from bows shooting bullets in paper. Not to mention that you can change a paper hole at any given shot by slight torque.......just choke the grip and you will get different tears 9 out of 10.

Arrow flight doesn't lie.............and I'm not talking 20 yards. That is where I start but I don't quit until I see pure flight out to 50 yards.

Best of luck.............try adjusting the rest like mentioned above.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What am I missing?

Before giving any advice I need to know how long your arrows are cut from insert to center of nock.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:57 AM

My WB shoots bullet holes with the nock point about 3/8" high the the arrow rest a "good bit" left of perfect center shot. I know I read a lot of folks saying to set the WB perfectly level and centershot dead on, but that doesn't provide the best tear with my bow. I think you just have to experiment and find the best setup for you.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

Before giving any advice I need to know how long your arrows are cut from insert to center of nock.
Arrows are 29".

Thanks

Quick Reply: WB Tuning advice needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.