HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   WB2 & Fletch Set-up? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/74142-wb2-fletch-set-up.html)

MOHunter30 09-28-2004 02:10 PM

WB2 & Fletch Set-up?

I just started shooting the whisker biscuit 2 a couple months ago for this deer season and I am still not totally satisfied how my groups are coming out now. Before I used a Bodoodle rest and I could shoot good groups consistently, now things are not very consistent. Now I am wondering if 5” Plastic w/4º Right Hellical is too much and throwing the arrows off. I have been to 5shot broadheadtest.com to look at his review. But I am wondering of the whisker biscuit shooters, what kinda of fletching/vane set-up are you using? Thanks.

Rangeball 09-28-2004 02:13 PM

RE: WB2 & Fletch Set-up?

I'm shooting 4" offset feathers through mine, but I did find the WB to be very critical of proper center shot. Are you certain yours is set correctly?
Are you getting any vane damage like indicated in a recent thread here?

Jeepnut 09-28-2004 03:59 PM

I'm also shooting 4" offset feathers. And like Range, it took me quite a while to get the WB dialed in correctly.

MOHunter30 09-28-2004 04:19 PM

I have used the Easton Tuning guide to get my broadheads to start hit in the same location as my field points. That finally is getting the groups to be more consistent, but not upto how I was shooting before with the BoDoodle. A couple people said that the 4 degree might be too much and that could be causing the the flyers. But I wanted to get input from the guys here on how they had to dail in their WB and if they had anything similar going on at one time or another with this rest.

BOWFANATIC 09-28-2004 07:45 PM

How do you shoot your fletchings? Your nock should be indexed to shoot cock vane up.

MOHunter30 09-29-2004 07:25 AM

I do shoot with my cock vane up, I was reading the NAP sight and they also recommend trying the cock vane out ~ so I am going to try that tonight.

Rangeball 09-29-2004 07:36 AM

I'm thinking the WB is MUCH OR critical of exact hand placement on the bow than standard or drop away rests. I get tight groups that vary in a 3" circle or so depending on how EXACT I replicate my hand placement. I suspect it is due to the full capture nature of the rest magnifying the slight inconsistencies...

Stryker777 09-29-2004 08:08 AM

I agree that centershot makes a hugggggggeeeee difference. I was shooting 5-6 inch groups at 20yards. Then I pulled the biscuit and put it back on, resetting everything. When done, I shot a few arrows. Have 2 arrows split at the nock after that tune. I have 4inch hellical fletched carbon arrows. Getting center made the difference and making sure the biscuit was at a 90 degree angle to the arrow.

BOWFANATIC 09-29-2004 11:29 PM

I'm thinking the WB is MUCH OR critical of exact hand placement on the bow than standard or drop away rests. I get tight groups that vary in a 3" circle or so depending on how EXACT I replicate my hand placement. I suspect it is due to the full capture nature of the rest magnifying the slight inconsistencies...
Absolutely! A full capture rest like the WB is definately more critical to hand placement/hand torque than a conventional shoot through rest.

I look at it alot like brace height and the longer the arrow stays on the string the less forgiving to hand torque. The longer the arrow stays in the biscuit the less forgiving to hand torque.
Try mounting the biscuit as far from the riser (against conventional wisdom) as you can and see if there's a difference.