HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Finding Center (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/73856-finding-center.html)

Stryker777 09-25-2004 06:45 PM

Finding Center

Well, I thought I had everything in after tuning with the easton manual. I did the measurements and used a string from one limb to the next to set the center for my rest. Got the sights set and looked from the string to rest center to sight and the sight is a little to the left. That made me wonder if I really got my center correct since I would think my sights should line up with the string and rest if I truly got it right.
Any suggestions on how to make sure I get it right? I thought about splitting the difference and seeing how far off I was shooting after getting everything lined up that way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am getting a wb soon so Ill have to go through it again next week. Be nice to know what Im doing.
Stryker777

Carwi 09-25-2004 09:08 PM

RE: Finding Center

Stryker,

On my LX my sight is a little to the left also. However, you can't use that method with a Mathews LX, so I don't rely on it. I don't know what you shoot but that is the case with my bow also. It's kind of funny looking from the back of my bow, it looks like the arrow is slightly pointing left! However, you can group tune. Aim at a dot at 10yds and sight it in at that. Leave the arrows in the target. Now place the target at 35yds and shoot at the same dot with another set arrows. Your 35yd group will be lower but the arrows should be vertically in line with the 10yd group. That is a great quick way to see if you are close. Of course you could shoot fixed blade broadheads and tune them to hit with your field tips all the way out to 60-80yds to fine tune.

Stryker777 09-26-2004 07:02 AM

Thanks Carwi. Ill verify my measurments and do the test you speak of tonight. Im glad Im not the only one with a sight to the left lol.
Stryker777

Jerry/Pa 09-26-2004 07:24 AM

777, your initial center shot of your rest is only a starting point. Like paper tuning is only a start of the tuning process. Carwi is right. You have to shoot it in. Group tune at longer distances in order to fine your center shot. Each shooter adds his/her own form which adds torque to the shot. I use the walk back approach. Simular to Carwi. Jerry

Stryker777 09-26-2004 08:09 PM

Thanks guys. Very Helpful. I retuned just to make sure and put in the WB2. It works great by the way. After I shot from 15/20/25/30/35/40 yards and had a nice little line going down. I sighted in up to 30 so far too. Ill do 40 tommorrow. By the way, how long do these wb2s last? Just wondering because the wife would kill me if I had to buy more than one a year and even then she might lol.
Stryker777