Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The best lightweight products ? >

The best lightweight products ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The best lightweight products ?

Old 09-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The best lightweight products ?

I'm going to probably get a new rig in '05. Not sure what bow yet but whan I do decide, I want to set it up as light as possible. What specific items would you use to keep it light but not sacrifice quality. The items to set-up the bow:

Sights - adjustable or fixed
Detachable quiver
Rest - dropaway
Peepsight
nockset ?
Stringsilencers ?

I want to keep this rig light.......no stabilizer. What are the best lightweight in each category?

thanks!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:37 AM

Default RE: The best lightweight products ?

If your looking for light maybe take a look at some of High Country's accessory line. I can't speak for quality as I've never used anything but I do know they really, really look at weight as an issue and make they're stuff crazy light.

HCA Link here
Old 09-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the PARKERS they are very light.I know my quikee quiver is a lot lighter than my ALPINE 5-arrow quiver.I would think that sights are gonna be real close in weight being that they all have a metal mounting bracket so that's a toss-up.I don't know about rests,especially drop aways so i can't help you there.I would just go with a NO-PEEP and tied in string nocks with catwhiskers if your new bow would even need them.If you go with a cat quiver you'll take a bunch of weight off the bow.I like a heavier bow because it's easier to hold steady at full draw.Are you planning on doing a lot of hiking next year or you going to the mountains?
Old 09-26-2004, 10:02 AM

I had a Mathews FX which was very light. I actually purchased it when I was hopeing to go on elk hunt out west & I wanted the lightest bow I could fine. It fit the bill perfectly!

If weight is your main factor I would go with the most basic of equipment. I would use a simple fixed pin sight, a light weight arrow rest, and a light weight quiver, with medium weight arrows.

Good luck!