Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 two piece quiver or detachable???? >

two piece quiver or detachable????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

two piece quiver or detachable????

Old 09-23-2004, 03:17 AM

Default two piece quiver or detachable????

I am shooting a outback this year that came with the Mathews two piece quiver. I have always used a removable quicky and taken it off as soon as I got in my stand. My question is should I try out the Mathews quiver this year or stick with the detachable one I have always thought I would not like having all that extra stuff hanging off my bow but the Mathews quiver is such a nice quiver I don't know which way to go. What type quiver do you all use?
Old 09-23-2004, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: two piece quiver or detachable????

I have the same quiver that you do and I would never switch back to a detachable!!

It sits nice and flat and is really close to the bow. It is also twice as quiet as a detachable if not more.

But it is a personal preference. Shoot with it on, sit in a treestand in the back yard and see how you like it moving around a stand and make your call from there.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:16 AM
etw

IMO Use the detachable, you don't need all that stuff waved around while your buck of a lifetime eases thru your shooting lane. Why would you want all your arrows handy? For a second, third and fourth shot??? I think not. I have had a second shot and the detachable hanging nearby was good enough.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:02 AM

A two piece quiver and arrows will add mass weight to your bow which can make your aim steadier at crunch time. A solid design can actually make your bow quieter also. One drawback can be the wind has more surface area to act on while you aim,,, not a problem if it's not windy though. I've never noticed any accuracy difference while shooting with my quiver on.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Another vote for a detachable. I had a two-piece Hoyt quiver on my Hoyt for years and all it did was add weight.

I discovered the new Kwikee quivers and their quality has really come around since I first remember my father and I using them 15 years ago. They fit snugly now, have small, cheap, universal brackets that can be mounted anywhere, and they've got enough versions to keep me happy. I don't know if you caught my past post, but I JB Welded a bracket to the Summit and it's positioned perfectly if I need to get another shot off.

Now I've got the ability to get a shot off during the walk in if need be, and I'm not waving all that multi-colored fletching around in the presence of a deer......best of both worlds.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:19 PM

Add another vote for a detachable. I switched from a Quickee 6 arrow to the 3 arrow then eventually to a Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver. I really like the Bohning. It's light and quiet. I think it's attchment design is better than the Quickee which makes it quieter. I also take mine off as soon as I'm set up in my stand.
One of the things you should really think about is the bottom of your arrows extending below your lower cam. My G2 is only 31" and I hit my nocks a lot if I leave the quiver on. Your Outback is an inch shorter. I would suggest sitting in your stand to see if that is going to be and issue and then make your decision.

Steve
Old 09-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

DETATCHABLE!
Old 09-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although many manufacturers attached designs are much better than they used to be I still personally prefer a detachable for my style of hunting. There is simply no reason that a treestand hunter would need to keep the extra weight, bulk, and noise on his rig. However, if you're doing alot of still/stalk huntin' then it would be the obvious choice. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 09-26-2004, 09:53 AM

I like the 2pc. quiver & would never change. I have used them for over 12 years & have no plans on using anything else.

I hunt from tree stands, stalk, still hunt, and hunt from a blind & this type of quiver works best for me. It is also a little quieter than a removable model & the Mathews model is the cream of the crop when it comes to 2pc quivers. Of course you must decide yourself. I know people who can not shoot good with a quiver attached & so they remove them. I think bow length plays into that a bit since they like short bows & I use bows that are at least 38" or longer which help stabilize the affect of the quiver in my opinion.

Good luck how ever you go!
Old 09-26-2004, 09:49 PM

Here's my Justice with the 2 piece quiver and brackets I made for it. The quiver is by Satelite and the brackets are machined aluminum that move the weight back about 2 7/8 inches. The brackets have a hexagon head that matches the 5/8 inch hexagon recess in the riser and are bolted to the riser with one 5/16x18 X 1 inch pan head socket screw each. This is the quietest bow I've ever owned or heard shot by anyone and it will shoot into the same hole at 30 yards. Those of you that can't shoot with a 2 piece quiver on your bow,,,, you just can't shoot!!!! My wife has the exact same set up on her new '04 Patriot VFT and she drills the X with it also

Quick Reply: two piece quiver or detachable????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.