Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 two piece quiver or detachable???? >

two piece quiver or detachable????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

two piece quiver or detachable????

Old 09-28-2004, 03:01 PM

Default RE: two piece quiver or detachable????

Those of you that can't shoot with a 2 piece quiver on your bow,,,, you just can't shoot!!!!
Just wanted to clarify my earlier post and not get into a pi$$in match. I didn't say that I "couldn't shoot" with a 2 piece quiver, only that I prefer to shoot without a quiver attached. I practice with my detachable both on and off of the bow and I shoot respectable groups either way. When I am stalking, it is attached. I just don't prefer the bulk when I am in a stand or blind.

Steve
Old 09-28-2004, 03:56 PM

I've never really cared for a bow mounted quiver myself. Swithed to a Cat Quiver last year. Very nice. The only problem I had was that the small model that I could afford didn't have enough room to carry much more than a spare pair of gloves and an extra release.

So this year I stole Michael Waddell's idea and created a much better system, IMO. I bought this pack from Bass Pro for $40 and then picked up a Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver for around $23. Then I simply attached the quick disconnect bracket to the belt of the pack using some zip ties. Holds my arrows and a whole lot more gear. Arrows are easy to reach yet aren't in the way when shooting. The only thing I like better about the Cat Quiver is the way that it protects your vanes/feathers. But that's just a minor inconvinience.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

Those of you that can't shoot with a 2 piece quiver on your bow,,,, you just can't shoot!!!!
Just wanted to clarify my earlier post and not get into a pi$$in match. I didn't say that I "couldn't shoot" with a 2 piece quiver, only that I prefer to shoot without a quiver attached. I practice with my detachable both on and off of the bow and I shoot respectable groups either way. When I am stalking, it is attached. I just don't prefer the bulk when I am in a stand or blind.

Steve

I will add that I only go for 4 arrow quivers to keep weight to a minimum, if you need more than 4 arrows, you need more practice
Old 09-29-2004, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

Steve

I will add that I only go for 4 arrow quivers to keep weight to a minimum, if you need more than 4 arrows, you need more practice

I will whole heartedly agree with you on that one. I carry 3 arrows with broadheads and one with a judo point for PITA squirrels!
Old 09-29-2004, 11:24 AM

I carry 6. 3 Broadheads and 3 target arrows. I carry the 3 just to check my sights and distance when I get out there or sometimes I stump shoot on my way back in for practice. The 3 broadheads dont get shot unless I have a kill shot on a deer or turkey.
Stryker777
Old 09-29-2004, 12:30 PM

After shooting with a detachable quiver for the 1st 15 years I bow hunted I bought a two piece this spring. I can for sure the two peice is 100% quieter then the detachable. I also found have the low profile quiver attachet to my bow dosen't effect my shooting at all. (by the way I shoot a 30" ata bow).

I honestly think if you try the two peice you'll be plesantly supprised but it's not for everyone.