Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 peep sight twisted. >

peep sight twisted.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep sight twisted.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:47 PM

Default peep sight twisted.

I have the peep sight with the tube aligner on it. It has worked great up until a couple of days ago. It is crooked now. Not alot it still works great, but I am kind of anal about that stuff and it drives me nuts that its crooked. How do I get it straightened?
Old 09-21-2004, 01:56 PM

Default RE: peep sight twisted.

have you tried putting a new piece of rubber tubbing on to straighten it out or shorten the piece you have on there now? just my OP.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:57 PM

I am not a pro but I had to adjust my peep the other day and all I did was move the serving down with my fingernails. Once I got it aligned properly I just stugged up the serving to hold it in place tightly and keep it from changing positions. I never used an alignment tube so I don't know if it will work with one of those.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:41 PM

You may have to put the bow in a bowpress and turn the string alittle. But if you are going to go that far you may as well use a peep without a tube which in my opinion is alot better. Its just a pain to get it set up.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:44 AM

thanks for the ideas. I think I will try to shorten the tubing a little.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:47 PM

I have one of those peeps that require no tubing, are small, and have four strands of serving holding it on. It works great for me. Put it on my bow as soon as I got it and it was awkward to shoot with for about twenty shots before it straightened out perfectly. No problems with it so far!