Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need Help adjusting my rest. >

Need Help adjusting my rest.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need Help adjusting my rest.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need Help adjusting my rest.

I know the ultra rest topic has been showing up alot lately but I still have a question.
What is the best way to adjust the drop cord. First off I am not useing the little cable clamp they included, The shop said they had problems with them and it's better to go without.
Right now the cord has been put thru the cable strands. with a small knot on the back of it. The shop asked me to bring it back so they can make sure it's getting the proper vain clearence. They couldn't do when I picked it up because I didn't have any of my arrows with me and They don't carry Axis arrows. He said he'd have to use one of my arrows to get it right.

I would like to take care of this myself. The shop is 40 miles away and always crowded. I have attempted to adjust it by untieing the knot and drawing the bow all the way back allowing the sting to slip thru the cable. I then let the bow down and tied a knot on the back side of the string I then tried it and it seems to have worked. It's hard to tell if I'm getting contact due to the fact I am useing feathers as of now. I am about to fletch some with vanes because thats what I'm switching to. (feathers arent holding up long enough).

Do you think this procedure will work or is there a better way? Let me know, thanks Jim
Old 09-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need Help adjusting my rest.

Lets try this again.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:21 PM

Do not know the ultra rest, we use the GKF and as for the cord tie, we put a serving about 3” long on the area we wish to make the attachment.

We then put on a string nock on the serving that can be turned up and down the serving so that one can adjust the drop point. An .018 serving will allow you to make adjustments of 1/64”. The tie below the serving should be made of something elastic.

The rest should be set to drop about ± 8” into the power stroke; the company will let you know when to make it rise to fall at that point.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:24 AM

I did something similar when I set up my TKO. I also inserted the cord throught the middle of the cable and temporarily rigged it until I got the rest to come up about 3" from full draw. But once you get that set, I think you'll want to do something a little more permanent that just a knot.

Once you have things set I would somehow mark the cord (I used a white paint pen) where it goes through the cable so you'll be sure to set it back correctly. Then untie the knot, lay the tail of the cord against the cable, and serve the two together. I also continued the serving up past the point where the cord goes through the cable. This should help keep the cord from creeping up over time. Overall my serving job is about 1 or 1.5" long.