Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Concept archer 99% letoff! >

Concept archer 99% letoff!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Concept archer 99% letoff!

Old 09-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Concept archer 99% letoff!

I don't know if there has been a post about this alread but if you go to conceptarchery.com they have a bow that is 99% letoff. I guess the owner is an ex-bowtech guy. I think that would be cool because you could draw on a deer when its 75 yds away and have no risk of spooking it. I would hate to have to letdown though, it would probably rip your shoulder off.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Concept archer 99% letoff!

Why not shoot a crossbow....when is enough, ENOUGH!?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I actually had a customer bring on of these into the shop this past summer. I did not get to shoot it but from what the guy said it was almost as if you had to push the string forward in order to get it to shoot.

I wonder what a bow like this does to the theory of having to have alot of tension on the string in order to get a crisp release? Proves it or disproves it?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:42 PM

You really can't feel the letoff...all it does is guarantee a very very solid backwall and you can't creep...allowing for incredible consistancy from draw to draw. As for the crossbow comment...that's hey now, and if you can't see the difference between having to still draw a bow on a deer under your stand as opposed to drawing the thing in your pickup before you head to your stand then you obviously don't get it.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I get "it"..the concept of drawing the bow vs cocked and ready.....but when is technology going to cease...it's hard enough to to keep this sport "primitive" with the ever expanding technologies......99% letoff..? Just as the draw lock creates a crossbow from a vertical compound.....at least your still hand drawing and holding this particular bow however......I still ask, when is enough, enough?

ps.. your signature link is a violation of HNI posting rules.....
Old 09-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

The comments I have heard from guys I know and trust have said that it IS an arm ripper if you have to let it down. Apparently the let-off is achieved through a slotted axel design? someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I did hear a disturbing story about this bow....... apparently one of the demonstrations that the Concept guys do is that they let the bow hang by the string at full draw to demonstrate the high let-off and low holding weight. I guess while doing this at a recent shoot or show the string engaged and the bow went off like a grenade in the demonstrator's hand sending the cable rod through a finger web or palm or some other sensitive body part.[:-]

From a shooting standpoint I can't see how you could shoot off the string due to the low holding weight......it would be incredibly easy to torque the string with the release at full draw would it not? I would think a string loop would almost be mandatory.

From an ethics standpoint?.....geez, how much is enough? 99%? You could just about draw it and sit there waiting. I don't think the crossbow comment is far off at all, after all one of their demonstrations is to let the thing hang there by the string at full draw right? what's to keep someone from just drawing it when they get into stand and hanging it by the string off a bow hanger ready to go?
???
Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

I think a somewhat important thing to note, is this: Do you think this will be a huge success? I honestly wouldnt hunt with it, and while I have my opinions, I could care less about another guys equiptment (as far as ethics wise)

If 2% of bowhunters buy this bow, and half of them are old timers who want to hunt, I have no problem with it really at all.

I do see the cause for concern though
Old 09-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

hey just remember this. if you kill that record buck of a lifetime, no-one will ever know because anything over i think 65% let off will not be recognized in any of the record books. don't know if i'll ever make it to those books, but sure do want to count when and if my time comes. 99% letoff, come on.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Typical Buck

Actually, there are several record keeping clubs that aren't concerned with the % let-off. If I'm not mistaken didn't Pope & Young start taking any trophy now with special classification for 65% and under let-off. I see this as a way for people with disabilities to stay in some similance of archery rather than crossbow hunting. The downside would be if they had to let down, they might be unable to do so without injuring themselves. I have to agree that you have to wonder where it will end. I just don't see there being much market for this bow as a 99% bow, but perhaps as an 80% bow. I think it would be a major bummer for the sport if there is a market.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:33 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: slee

I see this as a way for people with disabilities to stay in some similance of archery rather than crossbow hunting. The downside would be if they had to let down, they might be unable to do so without injuring themselves.
I'd rather see the Disabled hunt with proven technology that won't break their arm if a letoff situation occured .

I have to agree that you have to wonder where it will end. I just don't see there being much market for this bow as a 99% bow, but perhaps as an 80% bow. I think it would be a major bummer for the sport if there is a market.
Better get used to them , they wouldn't make them if there weren't a market for them .

Quick Reply: Concept archer 99% letoff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.