Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot >

Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot

Old 09-09-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot

Well, my LX is going to sell on Ebay and I am going to purchase a new Bowtech Patriot from Len in Maryland. This may not be the brightest thing I have ever gone put, I live for the adventure. If my limbs have problems, I will be the first to say " I told myself so." I think the Patriot was good enough to warrant me selling on bow for another. I hope I am not wrong.

C903, I bet you think I am totally NUTS!
Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 PM

Default RE: Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot

give those limbs a good once over before you buy it!

good luck this season!
Old 09-09-2004, 02:31 PM

C903, I bet you think I am totally NUTS!
Nope! My position in the related matter is not to convince anyone not to purchase a Bowtech.

When all is said and done, it is the individual's right to make his or her own choice and to spend his or her money as he/she chooses to do. Just make sure you maintain a consistant inspection of the bow.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

c903:
Just make sure you maintain a consistant inspection of the bow.
As you should with any bow.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am going to purchase a new Bowtech Patriot from Len in Maryland. This may not be the brightest thing I have ever gone put,
Why? Somehow I think the combination of Len and Bowtech make this an almost perfect sale.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I am going to purchase a new Bowtech Patriot from Len in Maryland. This may not be the brightest thing I have ever gone put,
Why? Somehow I think the combination of Len and Bowtech make this an almost perfect sale.

Agreed. Len is one of the very few dealers who I'd have 100% confidence in working on my equipment.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:57 AM

Almost perfect. I was having Len install a new QAD Ultra rest when he pointed out something to me. The QAD Ultra Rest will not work on this bow. The riser is to thick to allow the rest to be set up for center shot. It is actually about 1/16" short of center. Even if you could move it over another 1/16" that would leave no room for adjustment. I guess it is a good thing the riser is thicker then most. I will call QAD and find out if they have any suggestions. The part that attaches the rest to the bow could be machined in order to accomidate the need for more room
Old 09-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Glen In Marland

Almost perfect. I was having Len install a new QAD Ultra rest when he pointed out something to me. The QAD Ultra Rest will not work on this bow. The riser is to thick to allow the rest to be set up for center shot. It is actually about 1/16" short of center. Even if you could move it over another 1/16" that would leave no room for adjustment. I guess it is a good thing the riser is thicker then most. I will call QAD and find out if they have any suggestions. The part that attaches the rest to the bow could be machined in order to accomidate the need for more room
I mentioned this a few months back here Glen, sorry you didn't see it. The QAD does not have enough adjustment for the new 2004 BowTech risers.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:32 AM

It looks like QAD is going to send me another rest to fix the problem, I hope. They seem to be responsive.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glen ! your making a good choice of bow's there's nothing wrong with your choice you'll get to love the Patriot ,Although I've never owned a Mathew's, but I've shot a few. I believe that they are top quality ,but the BowTech was the bow for me .I love my patriot dually it's a great bow .

nubo

Quick Reply: Purchasing a new Bowtech Patriot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.