Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I spoke to early...... cracked limb! >

I spoke to early...... cracked limb!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I spoke to early...... cracked limb!

Old 09-08-2004, 08:23 PM

Default I spoke to early...... cracked limb!

Well guys,

I spoke too early. I just had my Liberty out and was checking it over after reading and responding to the cracked limb post, and sure enough, I have a small crack on the top limb. The crack is roughly 2" long and is right on the edge of the limb! It is a rather large dis-appointment, but I will be taking the bow back to the shop on Friday and hopefully I will have new limbs on and the bow ready to go before Oct 2nd!

Now.... my bow has been shooting arrows between 415-430 grains and the draw weight is set at 72#
Old 09-08-2004, 08:32 PM

Default RE: I spoke to early...... cracked limb!

Buck:

Regardless of what brand and the problem, I hate to see that a bowhunter's season could be ruined after anticipating the season for an entire year. That would have to be a real bummer for a serious bowhunter.

However, the fact that these debates caused you to closely inspect your bow and alerted you to what to look for, and possibly prevented you from being badly injured, is more important than any deer season.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, this close to season and that problem. Those are the things that keep me awake at night. I surely hope they get you fixed up before season starts. It seems with the recent hoopla with the cracked limb deals, I'd have the shop give Bowtech a lil pep talk to hopefully get the move on. I hear the turn around time is pretty quick on limbs from them, but you'll be missing a lot of valuable practice time leading up to season.

Best of luck with that thing.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

5.97 grains per pound? Should be ok, although I am a proponent of heavier arrows, not saying that is what caused a cracked limb though.

Glad you found it, I am sure Bowtech will take care of it pronto.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:42 PM

Yep, it is a bummer.

c903, I am sure glad that these posts came up also. These posts could have saved me some time in the hospital!

I am probablly going to take it to a different pro-shop than where I got the bow (if some of you remember, the pro-shop where I got the bow screwed up the string by over-tightening the nock and entirely seperating the string below it).

Cougar Mag,

Yeah, those are fairly light arrows, but they should be plenty of weight! I know that I am going to be getting heavier arrows on Friday, looking for more around the 450-475 grain weight!

I'll keep all of you updated on the problem and how it is resolved!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about this BM. [>:] Sure glad you found it now and not 3 weeks from now!

I can't help but to inspect my Patriot daily now. She's never given me a problem (knock on wood) but lightening can strike anytime.

Hopefully you'll be back up and running next week!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:01 PM

that sucks you will get it took care of right away.. if i was you a would email pat.(bowtech shooter).
Old 09-09-2004, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

That sucks man, hope everthing gets done fast and you can get out for the opener here. Good luck
Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 PM

On the bright side, Your season dosn't open until October. C903 is right though. Although this may be an inconvenience it is certainly better then having a limb explode in your face.

This should be a lesson to all of us to check our equiptment often.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:49 PM

oh man! that must be so frustrating! this is EXACTLY what i don't want to happen to me. i hope everything works out for you! good luck!

Quick Reply: I spoke to early...... cracked limb!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.